Questions about my hairless babies!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtattooedgirlx

I have had 2 hairless rats in the past but this is my first time getting them this young personally from someone who breeds them. I recently got 2 hairless 6 week old babies from a breeder, they still have quite a bit of fuzz for hairless rats and I was told they are females but I am really thinking they are actually males. Can anyone help me here?! Ignore the grumpy face of my boyfriend he was very focused lol.

Looks female to me but the pics are a little blurry. Lilspaz has multiple threads on here with pics comparing the two. You should be able to find them easily using a search. :)

Right now they aren't very hairless they are quite fuzzy

You will still be able to see nipples for sure, and only females have nipples :D

Or if you want, post another dangle pic, or even better, let their hind feet sit on the ground, and lift up their torso under their arms, then take the pic, and we'll look for nipples.

I appreciate all the help right now they are at my boyfriends house which is an hour and a half away from me so I wont be able to take pictures right now, hence why he took the grumpy faced pictures lol. But I will try to get him to take pictures tonight they are quite squirmy still so sometimes its hard

Also they person tells me they are 6 weeks old today, I know its hard to tell from pictures but do they look about that to you?

They have less fur than most rats, but even so, nipples would definitely be visible.

6 weeks sounds about right to me. They are very cute now that I can see the face haha!

IF there's no balls at 6 weeks, and they look that age, you have girlies.

Nakie baby boy balls are super obvious :D

dec22Nakieboy3A.jpg~original

I know that to the uninitiated, female hairless rats sometimes look like they have a penis, but it's not really. From the lack of testicles, I would say female. Nipples will confirm it. :)

Back