Question for canadian members. Where do you buy your fleece for CN liners?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found them. Their color variety is disappointing though.. I'm not particularly fond of brown liners, but I suppose saving $10 is worth it.

I like the blue and the red if you can get it. The brown works but meh. There's also a grey sometimes. It depends on the stock. but if you have chewers saving $10 is totally worth it.

I like the blue and the red if you can get it. The brown works but meh. There's also a grey sometimes. It depends on the stock. but if you have chewers saving $10 is totally worth it.

Only brown and grey there when I checked. And only one grey, so I decided to just get all brown. Hopefully I have better luck next time

The Giant Tiger near me was probably amazed at the number of their $3 fleece blankets they sold......they now have a HUGE bin lol. I check value villages when I pass them and try to make it on their 50% off days to pick up fleece blankets. I love the look on people's faces when they see my cart piled with blankets and I tell them it's for my rats :D

The Giant Tiger near me was probably amazed at the number of their $3 fleece blankets they sold......they now have a HUGE bin lol. I check value villages when I pass them and try to make it on their 50% off days to pick up fleece blankets. I love the look on people's faces when they see my cart piled with blankets and I tell them it's for my rats :D

Ohhh Giant Tiger has a better selection of fleece and just keep an eye for when they are on sale (often). :)

I went to value village and found the largest cheapest fleece sweaters- usually only $2-5 then cut them up to remove all seams, zippers etc. Lots of material and really cheap.

The best deal for both our pockets and the environment is kijiji and craigslist. Search for used blankets and towels etc. Wash when you get it home before making hammocks and liners and such. I picked up a ridiculous amount of thick soft plushy fleecy blankets yesterday off of kijiji for very cheap. Don't forget to mention before going that it's for making things for rescue animals. Until now I've been using thick comfy old bath towels for free to a couple dollars on CL and that's done really well. They are a bit chewed from when the kids were younger and before I figured out to clip them all down. But still work well. :) The fleecy plushy stuff is more luxurious though, so maybe they will like it more. Torn-beyond-use bits of towel and other fabric are reused to pile in hammocks and houses, they love nesting and cuddling in them. I change the towels once every 4 daysish and things never smell. Especially being litter trained keeps the liners nicer longer.

* Value Village too!

Last edited:
Back