Question about non-toxic all purpose wipes for cage cleaning

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

I was recently at Shoppers Drug Mart and I picked up some non-toxic all purpose wipes made by a company called Method. They specialize in "green" cleaning products and it claims that the product is non-toxic and the ingredients are naturally derived. It also claims that no rubber gloves are required because there is nothing harmful in the product.

Would this be safe to use in the rat cage for spot cleaning or quick clean ups? It seems reletively harmless but I always like to double check just to make sure.

It sounds okay, but I guess with all other possible cage cleaning products, I wouldn't want to use it if it has a scent.

Maybe you could use it for spot wipes and then do a quick wipe with a wet washcloth just to be safe?

I sometimes use a non scented baby wipe to clean up quick messes in the cage.
I don't see a problem with it as long as there's no added scent to it.

jorats said:
I sometimes use a non scented baby wipe to clean up quick messes in the cage.
I don't see a problem with it as long as there's no added scent to it.

I often wondered about using the nonscented baby wipes directly on the rats...any thoughts? I have one boy rat who is very lazy at grooming and one very old boy you has difficulty in grooming and thought about using the wipes for quick "bath".

Oh I sure shave used it on them. My poor Pascal... he got cleaned with it several times in his old age. The water just scared the pants off of him, this was much gentler.

Back