Question about Ivermectin

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangishPinkishBlue

Hello hi! I just got my ivermectin, getting ready to treat the b(rats) but ... I thought it was a white paste??? It's like a yellow-clearish gel.. is that right? It's the iverchoice 1.87%

As long as its the 1.87% it should be fine. Be very careful with ivermectin it is easy to OD your rats with. Its the reason I always use Revolution...easier on everyone with the one dose, instead of 3 with mass cleaning between.

So after nearly knocking my knee out of socket during a mass deep clean, curling into the corner and crying, and being consoled by rats who would rather attempt to shove their faces in the ivermectin box than understand im trying to help them....
I'm going with revo. screw it.

BUT I don't know how to dose it? I read the website but i'm so confused :(

How many tubes would I need for 17 rats?

16 of them are under a pound, 1 is a pound.
I dont understand dosing or how many or... :( Help?

We usually get a syringe with a needle to draw it up then remove the needle when applying it to our rats. I honestly do not know how to figure the doses, but our rats now are in the 500-600 grams range and we give them 0.04ml, the smaller ones get 0.03ml, the bigger 0.05ml - we don't go higher than that. Its just a very tiny amount. We have 22 rats and it takes us about 5 tubes, but only because I always spill some.

So after nearly knocking my knee out of socket during a mass deep clean, curling into the corner and crying, and being consoled by rats who would rather attempt to shove their faces in the ivermectin box than understand im trying to help them....
I'm going with revo. screw it.

BUT I don't know how to dose it? I read the website but i'm so confused :(

How many tubes would I need for 17 rats?

16 of them are under a pound, 1 is a pound.
I dont understand dosing or how many or... :( Help?

17 rats at a lb we'll say... .05 cc using kitten or cat Revo.

You would need just under a full cc to dose them all.

this one should work great and you'd have a tube leftover

http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/revolutioncatblue3pack-p-77.html

Back