Question about giveaways...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Options

• Option 1 (2 set prizes)

• Option 2 (6 smaller prizes)

• Option 3 (other - please explain in post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PitLuvs

Don't ask :giggle:

If you were to see a giveaway on The Rat Shack, which would you prefer?

Option 1:
1 set (hammock,cube,tube) in girl print
1 set (hammock,cube,tube) in boy print
(2 prizes to be won)

Option 2:
1 each (hammock,cube, or tube) in girl print
1 each (hammock,cube, or tube) in boy print
(6 prizes to be won)

Option 3:
Other, please explain!

lilspaz68 said:
Option 3, hammock, cube and anything else (incl. braided rope)...I have so many tubes right now and most of my ratters don't use them LOLOLOL

I am sure there could be exceptions made :wink: Pieces would be made after to allow for customs or exceptions for those who would win :)

I would say more smaller prizes but make all the smaller prizes cubes or something good...I would leave tubes out altogether because not a lot of rats use them.

smilez_n_hugs said:
I would say more smaller prizes but make all the smaller prizes cubes or something good...I would leave tubes out altogether because not a lot of rats use them.

Mine love tubes so I was taking for granted that it's a rat thing. Mine also love water, so I guess I don't have very good rats to base the norm off!

Keep these coming! I'm taking not of everything posted :)

smilez_n_hugs said:
I was just going by all the rats CCH has had....other than babies none of them have liked tubes.

I have a few that use them, but most of them just don't. Eli, for example likes to store HIS lab blocks in them and crawls in there to eat them. :roll:

My tubes get all chewed up by the working girls. lol they're even teaching Charlie to chew. But most of my rats like tubes.

It really depends on the purpose of your giveaway. If you're starting up sales and you want more people to experience the quality of your work, and therefore be able to review it online/tell others to buy it, you're better off sending one or two items to more people, rather than many items to just one or two people(assuming that all it takes to enter the giveaway is a comment). If you have a lot of merchandise to move, and you're basing your drawing on who makes a purchase(of any size) during a certain time period, people will be more motivated to enter by making a purchase, if what they will be winning is big. Does that make sense?

MomRat said:
It really depends on the purpose of your giveaway. If you're starting up sales and you want more people to experience the quality of your work, and therefore be able to review it online/tell others to buy it, you're better off sending one or two items to more people, rather than many items to just one or two people(assuming that all it takes to enter the giveaway is a comment). If you have a lot of merchandise to move, and you're basing your drawing on who makes a purchase(of any size) during a certain time period, people will be more motivated to enter by making a purchase, if what they will be winning is big. Does that make sense?

Very interesting, I like how you think! However, I'm not looking at sales or looking to start selling. There are many lovely makers on here with great causes, plenty of great options already on the shack. I just over bought materials and will have more than I can possibly use and would like to share. I cannot give everyone a prize (although I wish I could!) so I figured it would be fun for Rat Shacks members to participate and see how lady luck treats them :)

I only have 2 local rat people who I intend on sharing some of the wealth with, so I figured why not on here as well? I do plan on making some and selling locally to try and get awareness out there that rats need soft sleeping places and toys, and also fund my CN I plan to purchase in the new year :giggle:

Moon said:
Option 3: Three sets with only two items each, one masculine, one feminine, one unisex

Interesting... would there be an interest in something gender neutral? I have a lot of girl or boy fabrics, not sure about neutral. Thanks! I'll be sure to look into getting something for this option :)

Back