Question about Food, space, and care.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miya_Moo_Chu

Sorry, Uhm I gave my girl a little bowl of Banana's and grapes, and peices of apples, and this is what happend.

chu- reached over and got one... that simple, yeah.
Moo- stole it from chu, and chases her down the cage
Abby- steals it from moo, and gets attacked(no blood, just squeeks)
SO i took it out and now they're running around happy eating it on my desk..
Ewwww... grape juice is sticky.
Oh, and WHY on EARTH do my rats chew on the bars of they're cage, it's like... they don't like eachother...
They don't fight, unless it's like above, but they still chew on bars..
and I know some people say stuff like, "well they want you" I know they probably do, but when I stick my hand in there, I get bitten, or they all run away.. I dont know, Moo's the only one that likes me :( I've been trying with the other girls, but they don't seem to respond like moo, and I think moo's really fat.
Anyway... I'll keep trying, I guess it takes awhile for them.
Another question, I simply can NOT find where it states what they can eat, I only found what they CANT eat.
sorry.
Thanks everyone.. btw, that helped me get through all the hard times, I REALLY REALLY appreciate it... and hopefully, just hopefully someone cold come down in texas and see me.

Hi Miya!

I watched program once on rats and they show that rats will grab from another rat's mouth simply because they already know that the particular food is safe to eat. Smart little buggers.
The running and stealing of food is also part of rat funship. Keeps them on their toes. :wink:

As for the bar chewing. It could be boredom, it could be stress, it could be cause they want to see you or it could be they long to come out to explore.
My Cande is a bar chewer and a big time explorer, if she could, she'd be out of her cage all day climbing my walls. lol

Each rat have a their own personality, some are super friendly while others are shyer and reserved. But keep interacting with them, do this several times
a day, every day, they will come to not be scared of you.

I soooo wish I could go to Texas and visit. I'm so sick of the snow. lol

lol I wish we got more than 1inch.
lol :D I love snow, and your welcome to stop by. :p
Well thank you! very much, I recently put some chewy bars in with them, and they've been doing better, right now they're sleeping on my lap..
lol they're so tired from last nights, CRAZY thunderstorm of feet up and down the stairs.
kept me up all night.
Oh, and I have a question...
Is they're any meds, that I can get like.. over the counter to help Chu?

Back