question about CN

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temblabamomo

I've pretty much made up my mind to get one. From pictures, it looks to me as if the floor pan isn't set very deep. I would like to continue using my current Ecofresh bedding (for those unfamiliar it's basically like crinkled shreds of paper). Am I going to have problems with bedding being constantly pushed through the bars and onto the floor? Is there a similar cage that has a deeper pan that I could look into instead?

Yep. You will get frustrated with the bedding falling all over the place. It will be a little less with a CN cause the bar spacing is smaller but I'm sure you'll get a great deal on the floor.

Okay, thanks everybody. I knew I had seen pics of a cage with something like that, I just didn't know if it was something that person made or ordered or what. I will give those sites a looksie.

Haha, somehow.. I knew this would be the answer. Deep down, this is what I wanted/needed to hear.
Okay guys! I've made up my mind. Without fail, I will get the CN. Now I have to debate with myself "double" or "single"?
Mwuahaha.. I kind of knew, but I really wanted to ask like-minded people because my boyfriend is just so sick of hearing about my kids. He loves my rats, don't get me wrong. But the sewing, the fabrics, cages, healthcare, and even mention of the forum is enough for him to roll his eyes.

Thanks everyone. I love it here. <3

Ha, yes...the "double or single?" dilemma. Am currently having the same problem. My thinking was my little boys could have the CN, and Obie could move into their cage, which is larger than his current one. Or...get the double, and let him have the bottom to himself, and the little boys can share the top. I mean, if I'm going to spend the money, I might as well go all out on the double...right?

You will never regret buying a Double CN if you plan to have ratties for more than the lifespan of a single pair. =) It's dividable, so if you have two groups that don't get along you don't have two cages. It doesn't take up any more floor space than a single. You can store stuff under it on the rack, and on top of it. It rolls around for easy cleaning under it. The front opens up completely, you can even lift the doors off, and you will never find an easier to clean LARGE cage. Moving house? It breaks down into a space of about 2x3x1(feet). So many options, so functional. DO IT. =)

MomRat said:
You will never regret buying a Double CN if you plan to have ratties for more than the lifespan of a single pair. =) It's dividable, so if you have two groups that don't get along you don't have two cages. It doesn't take up any more floor space than a single. You can store stuff under it on the rack, and on top of it. It rolls around for easy cleaning under it. The front opens up completely, you can even lift the doors off, and you will never find an easier to clean LARGE cage. Moving house? It breaks down into a space of about 2x3x1(feet). So many options, so functional. DO IT. =)

Critter Nation should hire you as their spokesperson :wink:

Haha, getting a double is a great idea, but then the GGMR will strike.. :gaah:
I'm actually having this same dilemma, but Momrat makes a good point.. :cuddle: You should be a spokesperson for CN!

MomRat said:
:dance:

I've almost got my other half convinced to get a Double CN, using most of the arguments above . . . we might be ordering it today!! PetStreetMall is the best deal I have found!

Can someone tell me how the new lipped shelves are attached in the CN??

I had the old style FN so can't quite figure out in my head how these new ones could be securely attached.

The nice thing about getting the double CN is that you don't have to have the whole thing assembled if you don't want to. So if you only have a few rats you can just put it together as a single and keep the rest for later, or you can put it all together now and downsize if you say, decide to rearrange your furniture and put the cage under some shelves or something like that.

Back