Quark and Honi – Dec 2008 & Mar. 2009 to Oct. 19/10

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Quark is a London, Ontario Cheese. She and her 3 sisters (Havarti, Gruyere and Feta) arrived January 1, 2009 as wee wickle babies. They were from a situation where the rats kept breeding and the rats were being kept in 5 and 10 gallon tanks. Lindy was able to get these babies out and to me and Lyndsy.

babygirlsjan1-1.jpg

Baby Quark, originally baby squiggle from the sharpie marking on her tail LOL
babysquiggle1jan2.jpg

Quark my spooky baby escaped into the rat room and couldn’t be caught for awhile. She decided she loved some old boy I had and would cuddle into the pan beside his cage. She was NOT pleased to be put back into her meshed FN and her escape route blocked.
giggle.gif

Cheesygirl2feb18.jpg

Sadly my Quark remained a very anti-social timid girl who would prefer I not touch her.
undecided.gif
It made me sad but after her body language repeatedly told me she was just happier with other rats than me, I let it be. All the Cheeses except Havarti were pretty much handsoff, but they were happy little things.

Little Quark got hit hard by the virus and her decline began. She had a perpetual URI after this.
Quarkjun17.jpg

Quark2jun17.jpg

Cheesessep7.jpg

Honi with her one-eye was destined to be snake food as they felt they couldn’t save her. The foster didn’t want that and got her and her sister Hera to me and the rest of the babies went to another rescue.

Honiinhandapr12.jpg

Honifeb28.jpg

Hera and Honi
HeraandHonijun15.jpg
\
Happy with the new little group I nicknamed the Cheeses and the Smeezes, where she joined Havarti and Quark.
MIniHordeintheirweehammieaug13.jpg

Honisep21.jpg

HoniandHerajan29.jpg

Sadly poor Honi developed an abdominal tumor that I watched grow for months and months. I finally decided I couldn’t wait any longer just in case it burst or something horrible happened. I let her go with her timid friend Quark.
sad.gif

oct18Honi.jpg

Sorry for your losses Shelagh :( I remember all the mini-dramas the cheeses used to cause. I love the group pic of them all in the cage together :heart:

Hugs to you, they really worm their way into your heart, no matter how standoffish they are in body. You were lucky to have them, and them you.

babygirlsjan1-1.jpg

A hand full of cotton balls so white and pure.
Sorry to hear of the loss of Quark & Honi. :hugs:
RIP as you keep each other company. :heart: :heart:

Back