Pumpkin's eye is BAD (graphic photos)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the disclaimer and that first pic still totally caught me off guard. Holy moly!!!

Good luck to Pumpkin!

Pumpkin had her eye removed today. THANK GOODNESS! And so far is doing 100% better. She is ready and wanting to eat and play as if there was never a problem. My vet said she is not sure why the eye got so bad there was no sign of infection in the tissue of the socket. Once the eye was out everything else looked normal. She even poked around to make sure she wasn't missing anything. It was just her eye. So my Pumpkin is home and doing really, really well and fingers crossed she continues to do well. We have her on Baytril and Metacam to prevent anything further from getting infected.

So here is my Frakenrat! and THANK YOU to everyone for the support, stories with happy endings (I remembered Lady's story as soon as you mentioned it) and good vibes. :happydance:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Thanks everyone. Pumpkin is still doing WONDERFUL and acts as if there was never a problem.

Yeah, I like glue better than stitches but when I was talking to the vet about doing the surgery I was to stressed and upset to even think to ask for glue. But so far she has left them alone and hopefully continues to. :thumbup: I am so thankful she is still with me. I such a pesimist(sp?) that I just always assume the worst. :panic:

I am so glad that her eye was removed without complications. Kisses and banana mash to her from me.

My sweet Tia had a bulging eye, although hers came on slowly. She may have injured the eye at some point, and the eye pressure just kept increasing until the eye became useless. My vet urged me to have it removed. So I went ahead, and he did a wonderful job, and Tia was very happy without the bad eye. She was climbing up and down the FN like nothing ever happened.

Let's see if I can find a photo of sweet Tia (I don't need much urging to find an excuse!):
Corrie4closeupelephantliners.jpg

May Pumpkin continue to recover well.

Back