Pumpkin URI? UPDATE now with video

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Pumpkin (6 months) has for the last few days been congested with a very crackly breathing, no gasping. I have her on amoxicilian but it does not seem to be working. I also have that tri/sulp stuff the vet gave me last week for Lilly, could I add that to the amoxi and see if that works.

Otherwise, what do I need to get from my vet? :gaah: These dang URI's.

I would definitely get Baytril and do a month's worth.
Poor thing, that's young to be sick but not unheard of. I've had my Captain, now 11 months, he's been sick twice already since I've got him about 9 months ago. :(

I've had a few with that sounds like that. I call them my little motor boats. For my three, I had to do Zithromax. For some reason, the baytril didn't do anything. Captain and Radar completely cleared up with the Zithro.

I get mine from the vet, but on occasion, I had to pick it up from the pharmacy. I get the pediatric kind, they divided the powder into three bottles. And I mix it with water at home so the bottles keep longer. Once it's been mixed, it's only good for 10 to 14 days. I do a full 1 month treatment. Twice a day for the first 7 days and once a day for the remaining 21 days.

Back