Proud new rattie owner! Names suggestions appreciated(:

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattimusPrime

3D3A3408-2822-4D95-928E-DA69FE8027E3.jpeg

Hello rat shack, I am introducing you my new rat! I haven’t named her yet, I just can’t decide so any suggestions I would really appreciate! Anyways, I purchased her and her sister(she’s a little shy and hiding so I don’t want to stick a camera in her face) from a pet shop where the cage was very crowded and dirty :( as soon as I brought the two home I could tell their personalities immediately, the rat pictured is so social and outgoing and affectionate, will sit like a parrot on my shoulder and lick me while that other is just very skittish and hides when I approach the cage/feed them. Sometimes I watch the cage from somewhere they can’t see me and I watch her come out to play and roll around with her sister. Is she scared of me or humans in general? I have a lot to learn about rat care and am excited to share this experience with the rat shack!! I will try and get some photos of her playing:)

Welcome to the shack! She probably just needs to get used to you, and the stuff around her. She needs to learn to trust yo. Here are a couple of sites you may find helpful. Www.joinrats.com and www.ratguide.com also check out the reference forum for lots of helpful info!

Back