Profession

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work at Norwich University in the Chemistry Department general office, babysitting hundreds of students and about 50 lecturers. I used to be a web programmer but I couldn't keep up with all the programming advances and started to struggle with the more complex programming. It then started to suck my will to live, the money was rubbish, and they offered no pension, so I decided to go back to my original job of secretarial. The job I've got now pays MORE than the programming, and has a great Govt pension scheme too, and from June-Sept when the students go home for summer, work drops right off and it's nice and quiet!

Evenings and weekends I'm chained to my sewing machine for Fuzzbutt, but some weekends I'm out and about the country with the UK Garrison (501st Legion) as Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441:

headshot.jpg

t21c.jpg

We arrest parents, get kids to do star jumps, search bags, and get photographed endlessley, plus raise tons of dosh for charities. So far I've been in 3 national UK newspapers, a Bolivian newspaper, and TIME magazine website "pictures of the week"! can't be bad!!! 8)

That is so cool!

Do the guys drool when you take off your helmet and see a pretty girl and not a dorky guy, lol? I go to comic conventions with my bf and I feel like a ham-steak. I swear I am the only girl there all the time.

Fuzzbutt.co.uk said:
Hahaha when I take my helmet off I've got a balaclava on and am usually red faced and sweaty with total Helmet Hair! So not exactly a vision :lol: :lol:
I guess it depends on the crowd, lol.

I used to go to comic conventions, and although there are girls, I have to agree the majority are boys. I've seen some pretty funny panels though, one of them was called 'how to get a convention girlfriend'. Lol. :lol:

That costume is just awesome! I love dressing up, but haven't done so in a while. I hope I'll start again when I have the time. How on earth did you find the group to go out in the Sandtrooper outfit? I'm always amazed everytime I see trooper outfits, they look wonderful, and I bet yours looks amazing in person!

Currently, I'm a sales girl at Sally's Beauty Supply. It's not a busy store at all, so a lot of the time I get paid to text people and goof around with co-workers :p

I'll be starting college soon to take my pre-requisites so I can get into vet school, and after many, many years of schooling, become a DVM :)

I am a Licensed Practical Nurse at a nursing home near here, and work all nights, 12 hours, just like Kristy. I have a temporary full time position, which means, until they find a full time RN who wants to work there, stay away Kristy, lol! (jk) My schedule is pretty simple, every two weeks I work: Mon, Tues, Fri (supposed to only be 8 hours, 11pm-7am, but because of staff shortages, I often get those extra 4 hours added on, as over time, many times without being asked >.< ), Sat, Sun, Wed, Thurs. I just graduated a year ago, so each day I am learning alot of stuff, some things are just reminders from school, but thats ok :lol:

I have fun at my nursing home, I make it a point to, with the residents, after all, it is their home, and why shouldn't they have fun in their own home?

When I was young I used to work all nights too, but now I'm old (like 37) I have 2 nights and then I'm devastated for a week, feeling exausted and tired and sleeping 12 hours a day - wish I was young again, because nights have a speciel feeling (and a definit better pay 8) ).

Back