Pregnant Foster-Daily Photos

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzle87

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around in a while, things have been a bit busy for me!

I have a new foster, who is pregnant (should be giving birth within a week). I thought I'd share her with you, and of course, baby pics when they are born!

ScreenShot2012-02-28at65544PM.png

She's a bitty little girl. I'm psyched and hope this goes well (first pregnant foster, I finally felt ready). I also can't wait to see how the babies come out, the group she was with had some adorable babies :thud:

she is a doll. Hope everything goes great for her...You will love having babies....my litter is 4 weeks tomorrow. Can not wait to see pics...we like LOTS.

Oh i love her!!! What is her name?

Are you weighing daily yet Stacy? It can really help you figure out when they are coming, and if there are any issues (weights going up and down, etc).

Isn't she a cutie :heart: Her name is Melody.

Yesterday she weighed 230 g (tiny thing!). Today she weighed in at 245. I couldn't find a weight gain chart in grams, just ounces, but to me that sounds like a lot!

She also has quite the nest! She won't come out of it voluntarily. She doesn't look ready to give birth yet though.

Dazzle87 said:
Isn't she a cutie :heart: Her name is Melody.

Yesterday she weighed 230 g (tiny thing!). Today she weighed in at 245. I couldn't find a weight gain chart in grams, just ounces, but to me that sounds like a lot!

She also has quite the nest! She won't come out of it voluntarily. She doesn't look ready to give birth yet though.

Just make sure to weigh her approximately every 12 hours (if you do 12 and 12 you'll go mad because there's an insane fluctuation.

I converted the ratguide charts to grams...let me see if I can find them and send them to you...I also have my own weight gain charts if you would like?

ETA: sent :thumbup:

So Melody is not pregnant, or reabsorbed :joy:

There was another litter I could help out with, a mama with eleven seven day old babies. I'm so excited to meet them tomorrow :D.

momma.jpg

babies.jpg

My fingers are crossed that one, she is not pregnant again, as the poor girl may be, and two, that at least one of the ones that look like they may be PEW's are boys :heart: .

Now I need to come up with a litter theme! I'll let you know when I figure it out though suggestions are welcome.

It's probably for the best she isn't pregnant and now you can help with that litter so that's perfect. I'm s bad with names so I have no suggestions but I'm looking forward to hearing others.

Thanks guys. Yeah I was a little disappointed, because I was expecting babies, but it is for the best as it's fewer rats without homes. Also, as things have a way of doing, it worked out that I still get to raise a litter :).

Here's pics! I decided to go with a St. Patrick's Day/Irish theme for them. I've no clue on sexes so I'll have to wait to name them. No pic of mom as she looked like she was going to bite me LOL.

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0069.jpg

SANY0068.jpg

SANY0067.jpg

SANY0066.jpg

SANY0062.jpg

SANY0060.jpg

Back