pregnancy or something else?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerson

So I am pretty sure that both my new rescue girls may be pregnant. Kyah has been on pregnancy watch for two weeks, so I will know in about a week. Chiyo though, I noticed on the way home today some bit of mucus around her vaginal area and a tiny, tiny bit coming out of her anus. I know musuc coming from the vagina is typical of just being impregnated but is it normal to have it coming out of her anus? This was the only time that I have seen. Does this sound like pregnancy or something more serious?

As for little Kyah, she was seized by an SPCA constable with two other very pregnant females and was in foster care for the past 2 weeks on pregnancy watch but has no changed in size. BUT, her uterus down there is a bit swollen/protruding and she is too young for uterin cancer. So I guess it's just a waiting game in her case, it will be a long week!

Okay, well so far Kyah's belly isn't big! Thank god, Chiyo though, if she is pregnant is just gottenp regnant. Does the mucus thing cound like pregnancy or like something else?? Chiyp is so thin from not being fed properly and neglected too, I'm gonna have to feed her lots of good stuff.

Females do get a plug when impregnated but that plug usually falls within 2 hours of mating. I don't think it's a mucus type thing. I'd probably get your girl to the vet or call them and see what they think?

I'd also suggest getting her to a vet. She could have pyometra, which is a very serious uterine condition/infection. If she has any discharge, that would also be a sign of infection as well.

Back