Prayers for Sicero please

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallvic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sicero's new daddy came home from holidays to find Sicero at the bottom of the cage, weak. He thinks she had a stroke, but he has to speak with the pet sitter to find out more. She has had some water and I advised him to take her with him to bed unless she's snug in the cabin with the others, and to take her to the vet when it opens at 10 AM. She is over 2 years old and I suppose this has been a tough month for her, but I would like her to pull through as best she can and enjoy some more of her new life.

She got to the vet's at 10 AM sharp and she will be there for the day. I know she will feel at least a bit better soon.

For good karma, I rescued a pigeon on the way home tonight. The poor thing is still cold and probably terrified. It's in a box in the kitchen with some bread and water, staying stock-still. It was hanging around the door of a store all day, they told me, and when they dumped the mop water it drank from the sidewalk. They had called their version of the SPCA but they wouldn't pick it up.

Sweet Sicero, I hope that she recovers. I hate to think of her having a stroke and being forced into inactivity. :( What a lovely ratty girl she is. :heart: All my best vibes are going her way.

Hope Sicero feels better.

A word of caution with the pigeon, I would say you own it now... we had some at the KW Humane and thei owner wouldn't come for them so we set them free, well pigeons being pigeons came back. The last I heard the one is still there (it's been months). But on the bright side pigeons make good pets and can be very friendly.

Sicero went to the vet at 10 AM yesterday and was hospitalized. Her dad went to the vet in the evening to see her and took Burnette with him so that Sicero could have a companion. Unfortunately she deteriorated, and I am sad to report that neither Sicero nor the pigeon made it through the night. :sad3:

At least they both passed in warmth and comfort.

Back