Possible tumour. Please help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NelandTrix

Hey guys, sorry in advance for the long post...

I'm new to this and have only been a rat mammy for about 6 months, me and my partner adopted two gorgeous little sisters Nellie and Trixie. So both have always been full of beans and excited to explore but Nel is quite thin and sometimes made a weezing sound but it would come and go (even with her previous owner). We took Nel to the vets on Friday after she fell and was unable to walk properly, the vet seemed more concerned with her weight rather than the fact she was stumbling around so prescribed Metacam and Baytil.

Nel seems to be getting worse and we've separated her from Trix, she's dragging herself around but is eating treats and baby food. We took her back to the vets and was told it could be a tumour however they could not find any lumps (so I'm thinking PT) but she still seems happy and is enjoying cuddles and the food.

Basically I just want some advice, am I being selfish and hoping she will get better? Could it be something other than a tumour? Will she be in pain? I'm driving myself crazy in case she's unhappy. Thanks for any help. X

Hi thanks for replying. Unfortunately Nellie just passed in my boyfriends arms, heartbroken but at least she's so longer suffering. X

Back