Possible head tilt?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylamps

Hi all,

I'm really sorry to ask again for help so soon, but I was wondering if anyone could give a glance to these videos to see if one of my boys has a head tilt. I think I may be being a hypochondriac, but unfortunately I have a head tilt and I honestly can't entirely tell if he's holding his head straight or not. I do not think this is urgent, but if someone could help put my mind at ease, I would be forever in your debt. I'm not sure if I can post links, but I will attempt to do so... here is a album of him moving around and stuff: anatole. If different videos would aid the process please let me know, I know they aren't the best.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
He doesn't look like he has a head tilt to me. But his fur looks pretty puffy to me. Have you noticed any off behavior, difference in his eating habits? How old is he?

He's two in October - I do feel like something is off, but I'm not entirely sure what :-(. I think he might have the beginnings of a respiratory infection because he's sneezing a little but I haven't noticed any changes in his eating habits or weight... He does get a little sick of treats when I give them too often but I think that's normal. He's still very fast and mischievous (he managed to escape my room while I was filming these 🤡), so I think that's a good sign, at least.

I'm honestly not sure why he's puffing up other than maybe how hot it is, but I'm not sure if that's how they cool down - thank you for looking, by the way <3

He looks like my girl, Macaroni. She'll be 3.5 years old arounf December. Have you held his sides to your ear (rat phone) and listened to his breathing? That may be a place to start...

he's moving well in the videos, the congested sneezing is something concerning, he should probably be put on antibiotics soon though. He's holding his mouth a bit open, maybe check his teeth?

Thank you all - I'm so sorry for the late response, but it was his teeth. He gets his teeth trimmed every 3 weeks or so, and I think they didn't do it well enough at the visit before these videos were posted. He got his teeth trimmed a few days after I posted this, and he is doing much, much better :). thank you all.

Back