Poor Savvy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

:sad3:

I was bit by the bug. The GGMR bug, but entirely accidentally. I ended up with a VERY tiny baby girl, who I'm calling Savvy. She's honestly the tiniest and cutest thing I've ever seen... She is unfortunately a pet store baby...She was the last one from one litter used as pinky feeders, they claimed she was 4, maybe 5 weeks, they tried tossing her in with a momma and 5 day old babies and the mom went at her, so they stuck her in with the "Small Rats" who are all 6-10 weeks. Obviously they were beating the crap out of her too. I just heard her little scream when two of them laid into her and I couldn't take it, I took her right out, tucked her into my shirt and told the guy to write what he needed to on a box, but that I wasn't putting her in one, the poor thing was traumatized as it was. She has no fear of people, will lick incessantly until you move her, cuddles into the softest bits of fleece she can find and passes right out.

Honestly guys, even all stretched out, she's no longer than my pointer finger from nose to tail base.

She's also only about 2.5-3 weeks old from what I can tell and looking at all the growing baby threads you guys have been so awesome about documenting.

Other than soy baby formula what can I feed to help her grow and get the right nutrition? She's been taking about a half a lab block soaked in ensure in the morning, and I gave her another soaked in just water last night, but she had really watery poop this morning (she's also coming off crappy pet store seed mix diet that they stick them on at 2 weeks, so I expected a few boughts of diarrhea, but this is just majorly ew...) I just really can't afford to go buy a can of soy formula when all I'm going to end up using is a few tablespoons in the end.

Aww... poor little thing.
The block soaked in Ensure is the best nutrition for that wee one. If she's only 3 weeks, she'll need at least 20% protein for a couple weeks longer.

Back