Please sign this petition!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of us know about the rats that were placed in a washer and were killed due to their owners being well horrible. Here are the charges they are getting. Misdemeanors not felonies. If it was a cat or a dog, it would be felony. I cannot stress how important this is for other rats in the future. They will look at this case in other torture cases. We have to try to stand up for them and be that voice.

JUNE 15, 2015 (Monday)
**COURT: Branch 43 (Judge Kuzas), 3150 W Flournoy, 9:00am
--FREEMAN, Darlissa (15120723301, HY222963)
charges (8): inc cruel treatment (510ILCS70/3.01)
arrest: 14? Apr 15
arresting officer: CPD ACT
animals: rats (all deceased)
note1: ACT asked for aggravated cruelty and torture charges, which were denied
because the rats were not deemed “companion animals”
note2: Defendant’s daughter was also arrested as a juvenile for depiction of animal
cruelty on FaceBook

Here is a petition started by me to show we are not ok with this. Two of our members helped with the wording and making it perfect. They added just the right twist to make it amazing.

https://www.change.org/p/anita-alva...justice-for-the-washer-rats?just_created=true

here are addresses and other emails you can write to.

so we can all chip in on who we should email/write smile emoticon As Promised here is the addresses. These individuals I spoke to today were amazingly helpful
smile emoticon
If they only knew how many letters we would be sending in.
Case number 15120723301 Darlissa Freeman
Honorable Robert D. Kuzas
50 W. Washington St., Rm. 400
Chicago, Illinois 60602
We also need to hit the state attorneys office at
State attorneys office Branch 43
3150 W Flournoy Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Email address to email smile emoticon
[email protected]
Remember to be nice, Stress this law
510 ILCS 70/2.01a
Sec. 2.01a. Companion animal. "Companion animal" means an animal that is commonly considered to be, or is considered by the owner to be, a pet. "Companion animal" includes, but is not limited to, canines, felines, and equines.
Explain what rats do, how amazing they are why we love them and how much this case means to us all. How important it is for them to get justice for their deaths. Do not get into the accused, leave them out other than a simple mention of the case number and the names. Mary is a minor so be careful with that.
Include a picture, Include your love for rats and show them the power or rattie owners worldwide. Include a single picture of you and your rats. so they can see that they are commonly known as pets and family. Put on the evenlope, justice for the washer rats!
If you have any question we can help at this page,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1572603529694293/
No bashing of the accused we are here for the rats who died.
I have more up my sleeve I will post when I finish it up, we need all the rat people and animal people to write. This will set a precedence for any rat tortured in that state so this is ground breaking for our beloved pets.

10984210_10152826311321409_8569174837742203035_n.jpg

Back