Please Help this desperate boy and his 2 RATS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lap rats

There is a very sad 15-year-old boy in Windsor N.S. who is trying to find his 2 rats a home, or else he has to drop them off at the pet store, where they said they can't guaranty they won't go as food, and where, lets be honest, they probably will. :(
He loves them very much and doesn't want them to be food, but time is running out (maybe his parents?).
Please think if you have of a way of helping these rats. I'm completely full and sadly don't have the room.
He has given me permission to post his email. [email protected]
They are, he says, a male and female that have been living together for a year and haven't gotten pregnant.

Edit: He now has a home for the female, so only the male needs a home. Can you take him??

Can he approach a rat rescue or even the humane society in the area that can try to rehome the rat for him? Surely, there must be other options? So sad.

SQ said:
I wonder if Joanne could get him if Buckwheat RR would take him here in Fredericton?

Good idea. I'll let him know. Thanks.

There is also now an add on Kijiji, under "Please Rescue this Lonely Rat".

If a member in the Halifax area could pick him up, maybe he could be transported to Buckwheat Rat Rescue (see facebook) if they can make room

I'm trying to keep in touch with her (yes she's a girl, i thought she was a boy because the name was Alex, silly me).
I put an add on kijiji for her and am forwarding the responses to her email, with her permission. Though i've tried, i haven't gotten any updates from her yet. I guess she must be busy with school. I've done everything i can, giving her all the info i can on finding a good home. Now it's up to her and the good hearts of people. Hope all goes well for this poor lonely rat caught in the middle of things. :(

I might be driving from Halifax to Saint John, NB this weekend! Not sure yet.
I will try to contact the girl again to get an update and see if she'd be able to get him from Windsor to Halifax. (Last couple emails she didn't answer :stickpoke: ) I'll let you know.
If this works, anybody able to bring him from Saint John to Fredericton? Or even Windsor to Halifax?

Thanks so much everyone!! :hugs:
Still waiting to here from Alex... Will let you know as soon as know...

Thank you so much! Though i am getting doubtful i will hear back from her; it's been a long time since she's answered....

Back