Please do me the favor...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennifervb

and tell me that my boys did NOT ACTUALLY EAT A FLY!!!! :sick2:

While cleaning the cage I found the remaining wings and feet of a large fly! They were still attached but most of the fly body was missing! UGH!!!!

Don't even try telling me that this can be anything NORMAL in the biodegrading process because there is no WAY that I will believe it! :shock:

Pardon me while I go worship the porcelain God.:sick:

Cait said:
Ohhhh gross.... Do you think they really did? *gag*

I have this deep seated feeling that they did. I'm telling you.... Albert and Roquefort will sample just about anything.

Yes, thank you Roquefort.... please kiss me BEFORE you sample a piece of Basil's poop!

Welcome to the pristine table manners of my 2 N2s (actually N squared which stands for neutered noses). Ben is my 3rd N2 but he would never reduce himself to the level of trying anyone's poop. Basil (N3=non neutered nose) is also of a better education....

somehow I have lost my appetite for dinner.... great for the waistline.... hard though for the psyche. :)

Do we have any more green colored emoticons so that I can better convey my current physical (and emotional) state?

I raised a young squirrel tow years ago, and one of the first times I had her up in my old treehouse to get used to being outdoors, she ate a huge dragonfly. She kept dropping parts of wings and legs on me. It was gross. But at least she had caught one and ended up being able to survive on her own and had lots of babies!

They will eat almost anything!

I've given my rats the occasion mealworm beetle.... and they will eat all of it except the wings and head. LOL So, yep! I'm sure your boys did munch on the fly.

My girls have eaten a small spider before that was running by. Sometimes I give them a mealworm and my girl Sophie is crazy about waxworms! I think she ate about 10 before I had to take them away from her LOL.

Back