Playing tag or establishing dominance?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argent

Okay, so my two new boys have been in the cage for about 6-7 hours now, eating, drinking, sleeping quite happily, now all of a sudden they're up and nipping each other on the butt and running away, though it's led to a bit of cornering and pinning and a little squeak from Mako...hard to tell if they're playing or they're actually trying to figure out who's boss in the cage...

from my expirience with introing boys, squeeking, and pinning are VERY normal... As long as I don't have blood i'm a firm believer in letting them sort of the finer things in life themselves
I just introd 4 adult males to eachother, only one being neutered, and we had squabbles, squeeks, fur ripped out, rat balls, and the like. BUT today they're ALL huddled in a corner together sleeping :joy:
If it gets too intense, split the fight up, and leave 'em alone again. I was moving them to opposite levels after a squabble. They'd have a break and soon be at it again, but I guess it just needed to be noted that my VERY domi guy who was just neutered needed a reality check, and Eli, and Echo gave him one FAST!!!! :giggle:

It sounds from what you're describing to be a very normal intro thus far, good luck!

Lol they already know each other! They've been living together all their lives as far as I know, it's just now that they're in a new (bigger) cage :p I think they're just feeling a bit feisty heh

hehe still good pointers-they might just be establishing who's boss of THIS cage :p They seem so relaxed and confident now (though a bit skittish), it's unbelievable...

i think its all new house, new cage and maybe the lower ranking one has decided he will be the boss this time round? And them being so relaxed - they know they are in a better place now :D

lol I'm hoping that's the case ^^ they've gone from absolutely terrified of everything, to just being a bit skittish of our hands but otherwise confident and curious lol

Back