Play time fun! *Pictures* *Video Added*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratlover2013

I took a few cute pictures during playtime today, figured I'd share with you guys :)

The play area:
u5a2ytez.jpg

y2avydez.jpg

6u3a3u7y.jpg

Play time :)
y2atajy5.jpg
equhe3aq.jpg
rureru3u.jpg
hahutu4u.jpg
e6a3u8uj.jpg
usenuped.jpg
u9yry8u7.jpg
taryjy2y.jpg

And here are a few of my other group :)
e4avutej.jpg

vyve3ehy.jpg

e3u3ubyn.jpg

byqygezy.jpg

re5e8age.jpg

ysuhy9u4.jpg

zezy2yjy.jpg

e9a5e2aq.jpg

You seriously have the best set-ups ever, whether it's cages or play areas. I always show them to my boyfriend so he can see how awesome the areas can be for the rats. I am definitely getting a play pen set up as soon as possible! It looks like so much fun!

GrayLightNewDay said:
You seriously have the best set-ups ever, whether it's cages or play areas. I always show them to my boyfriend so he can see how awesome the areas can be for the rats. I am definitely getting a play pen set up as soon as possible! It looks like so much fun!

Aw, thank you :)

Wow, that is just so fun looking! It is a big ratty playground! If I was a rat, I would LOVE it in there! So many fun things for them to do! And you even put some Carefresh down on the surface for them, yes? It reminds me of kids playing at a playground area where they put all that rubbery bark out under the swings and slides and stuff. :D Too cute!

Who is that adorable sweet white ratty in that picture that is peeking into the cute bunny food bowl? He/she is so precious looking... :heart:

Vladina said:
Wow, that is just so fun looking! It is a big ratty playground! If I was a rat, I would LOVE it in there! So many fun things for them to do! And you even put some Carefresh down on the surface for them, yes? It reminds me of kids playing at a playground area where they put all that rubbery bark out under the swings and slides and stuff. :D Too cute!

Who is that adorable sweet white ratty in that picture that is peeking into the cute bunny food bowl? He/she is so precious looking... :heart:

Glad you like it :)

That's boxo in there, they like to move it all around :). It's usually more full but I ran out, lol.

That's my old girl Alexis who is almost 32 months old :heart:

Wow, so she is...2 years and 8 months old? Awww... her eyes have that sort of tired look, sweet baby...she does look old when you look at her eyes. She is just precious.

I have not yet ever had any rats that got to be that old. Our first two boys, Klausse and Wolfgang, both left us when they were only 14 months old. Klausse got myco and he passed it to his brother, who left us after just one more month. They barely made it past one year old and it killed us. :(

So, a rat pushing 3 years just seems amazing to me, but I guess that happens more often than I realize. Alexis is just beautiful. She looks like a very sweet and classy elderly lady. :hugs:

Vladina said:
Wow, so she is...2 years and 8 months old? Awww... her eyes have that sort of tired look, sweet baby...she does look old when you look at her eyes. She is just precious.

I have not yet ever had any rats that got to be that old. Our first two boys, Klausse and Wolfgang, both left us when they were only 14 months old. Klausse got myco and he passed it to his brother, who left us after just one more month. They barely made it past one year old and it killed us. :(

So, a rat pushing 3 years just seems amazing to me, but I guess that happens more often than I realize. Alexis is just beautiful. She looks like a very sweet and classy elderly lady. :hugs:

She's actually very active for her age. She gets a lot of sleep crusts in her eyes when she sleeps, and it takes a little but for them to fully open, hence the tired look :)

My beloved Zoe who passed away a few days ago, was also the same age :heart:

Sorry to hear about your boys, that's so sad :(

Thank you so much. :hugs:
As we all know, it is the hardest thing ever to cope with when we lose our babies. :(

I am so glad to hear Alexis is still active, that is great news. :) Still have Zoe in our thoughts of course. Rest easy sweet girl... :heart:

I bought more boxo last night & added it to the play area (I ran out yesterday) & it's also set up a little differently today with some new boxes, etc.

e5etudez.jpg

I also took a video of the boys exploring the new set up... sorry that the video is sideways :giggle:

http://youtu.be/c_apZwQU3-U

Aww, great video of the kids playing! It is set up so nice...they can go in one pipe, and out and straight into the tent, and out and straight into something else...so fun looking for them! So I have heard of boxo...but not sure exactly what it is. Is is similar to Carefresh?

Vladina said:
Aww, great video of the kids playing! It is set up so nice...they can go in one pipe, and out and straight into the tent, and out and straight into something else...so fun looking for them! So I have heard of boxo...but not sure exactly what it is. Is is similar to Carefresh?

Yup, similar but cheaper. It has more of a tissue paper texture.

Ahh, it looks very comfy for little paws! (well, rats have hands/fingers, not paws, but you know what I mean)

I have never seen Boxo in stores here in the Seattle area!

looks like such a fun play area for them, and it's nice that you mix it up now and them and rearrange it. I bet the rats like the variety. I wish I could set up something like that. I don't really have the space, unless I did it down in my cellar.

Vladina, sorry to hear about your two boys going over the rainbow bridge at such a young age. that's super sad. :cry:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Aww, thanks Patches. :cuddle: Yes, it was a really horrible thing to go through...we took the best care of our babies, seriously, and then when they got myco sooo early, our small animal vet said it is just one of those things that can happen sooner than later...you never know when it will strike.

I kept thinking, "Why OUR babies? What did they do to deserve this?" and all those things that go through your mind. They were just the sweetest boys ever, too. It was really, really hard on my husband and me. Took us a long time to get over. We still have their framed photographs in our house so we see their sweet faces every day. :heart:

A couple of quick photos of them for those who never knew them from the "old" days of 2009.. I love you so much my babies...I will see you again. Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread! Everyone go back to the topic at hand! :oops:

Klausse (rhymes with mouse), our Russian Blue boy...a true sweetheart and love bug..Klausse ALWAYS seemed to be smiling.

Wolfgang, his agouti brother...our rapscallion and adventure boy...

Back