Play area's - Picture link fixed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureRats

I need to set up a new play area for the rats. With Spyro and Chow Mein it's hard to do couch time because I need to lock them up and it causes a LOT of trauma.

I have a couple of idea's and of course have had many play area's myself, but thought I'd ask to see pictures of what you guys got going on for some new ones. This is one I did a few years back on the kitchen table.

playstation2-1.jpg

My rats play on my computer desk, on the coffee table, on my bed, and for more running in the bathroom. But I am thinking about getting a playpen....I really liked the one SQ has.....I think that is what I will ask for my birthday...or a brand new big rat cage :lol: or both :lol:
rats171.jpg

rats188.jpg

rats195.jpg

The coffee table play time...plus they run up my leg and onto the couch :lol:
rats225.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/frrypws/pictures100.jpg[img]
here we are in the bathroom
[img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/frrypws/pictures161.jpg
pictures183.jpg

pictures184.jpg

such fun to see them out playing.

AdventureRats, your layout on the table is very creative!

And rats seem to love bathrooms. I'd never have thought of it, but I know several people who have play time there because it's the safest room in the house... no cords, no curtains to shred, etc!

Martins playpens are very nice for times when you can't supervise. I hang hammocks and cubes and chew toys on the cover.

I wish i had a place for the rats to play. Used to let them play on the table but i have cats now so thats not a option anymore. they have a HUGE cage all for themselves in with they play. And offcourse they play on the couch whem i watch a movie or reading a book etc. :):)Love the big house made out of paper boxes! might try that one day. :D

Looks like lots of fun for ratties!!

My play area has changed so much through the years. I'll have to take more pics of my recent setup.

But this is what it looked like in the past:

newsnapinn.jpg

smcageset.jpg

smGrass010.jpg

Radarplayground.jpg

One great thing about this forum is all the great ideas we can get from each other........I really enjoy seeing every ones play areas and cages. It gives me new ideas...to help make my ratties lives more fun.

I am still so jaleous of all those cool stuff you have for your ratties!! Wish we had such nice things! (and loads of money to buy them would be nice to :lol: )

meep, the cool stuff is actually appreciated more by us rat-mamas than by the rats, I think. Mine are perfectly happy with a decrepit old box (like the one Shelagh showed in another thread recently), blankets to tunnel under and little boxes to chew and hide in. they do love hammocks and tubes, but I really think the rest is more for my benefit than theirs!

I know. Its me that it drooling all over your play area's, not the ratties :lol: and i know my guys are spoiled and have enough stuff but boy, most stuff looks so awesome hahahaha gonna make a paper house this week, they love to tear it apart. :mrgreen:

I love seeing the photos of everyone's play areas.
I think I'll look around at a thrift store for some items my rats can play with. I'm sure I can find somethings there.
Thanks for the ideas.
I'll be sure to post photos of any play areas I create.

Back