Place to buy ramps or DIY ramp

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabracadabra

Hi there!

The cage that I got given with my ratties had wooden shelves and wooden ramps. Due to the constant peeing onto the shelves, the smell was awful and the risk to their breathing prompted me to make DIY shelves, however I am having no such luck with ramps between levels.

Any ideas where I could pick up rat ramps for cages (preferably not wooden) or any ideas for DIY ramps I could make? (bearing in mind one of my rats isn't exactly good at keeping her balance or climbing so something too narrow or steep wouldn't be any help to her).

Any help is appreciated thank you :)

Some companies that make cages that have ramps sometimes sell parts. You could check into that.

For example, in North America a lot of people use critter nation cages and different places sell replacement shelves, pans, and ramps/ladders for the cages.

For example, the Huge Aventura rat cage looks similar to the Critter Nation cage .... maybe you can find a place that sells replacement ramps
............... and put the ramp inside a sock to make it easier for your rattie that has difficulty

Last edited:
Back