Piper Doing Great :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piper is doing even better tonight.....she is moving around more, breathing sounds better. She is grooming and drinking from the water bottle.....her appetite is picking up....I am giving her lots of little meals....It is simply incredible. Last night I was sure she was going to die......tonight she almost looks as good as new..... :happydance:

Dahlas said:
Piper is doing even better tonight.....she is moving around more, breathing sounds better. She is grooming and drinking from the water bottle.....her appetite is picking up....I am giving her lots of little meals....It is simply incredible. Last night I was sure she was going to die......tonight she almost looks as good as new..... :happydance:
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Friday night I really thought Piper was going to die.....her breathing was labored.....she stumbled around the cage a bit....was lethargic. Today she is back to normal...... I have to admit.....that once on Friday night after I gave her her meds and she was so stressed and started to open mouth breath....almost gasping I did think of having her euthanized so she wouldn't suffer. We sat in the bathroom and ran the shower......this helped a lot......I kept her warm and hoped for the best.

Her is a picture I took of her last night....she is a bit thinner then she was. She is a tiny little girl....but she is doing so good. I am so thrilled...... :happydance:

DSCF4020.jpg

She looks fabulous! Sometimes I find that fluids when they are dehydrated but willing to fight can really get them on the right road. I am so pleased that she's feeling better. :joy:

:joy: She is running on the wheel :joy: She hasn't run on the wheel for about a week... :joy: I am so happy to see my little girl back to normal........

I know we have to lose these dear little creatures sooner then later because of their short life spans.....but I was NOT ready to part with this girl yet. We have raised a family together and comforted each other after the death of her son Dozer. She is one very special little plain black rat......

I love you sweet little Piper girl.....with your bold and outgoing personality...sometimes the biggest hearts come in the tinest packages.. I am so happy that you decided not to leave me yet :hugs:

Back