Piper appreciation + Dwarf rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

I've always been curious about this. Has anyone else here besides me ever owned one? It seems like knowledge and information of them is out there, but they aren't particularly common.

The reason I ask is because I think they're the most adorable little things in the world, and I'd like to own more of them once Trixie and Piper go to the bridge, which probably won't happen for a very long time, but I digress. I'm just wondering

PS: In reference to the title of this thread, I want to gush over Piper for a little bit. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlGT4RKxOKs&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I've owned about 7 rats in my life and I love each and every one equally... but there's no way I can deny the unrivalled cuteness (in my fur colony anyways) that is Piper.

PS: She's fully grown in that video. She's eternally a kitten.

Shes just absolutely to die for! :love11:

If you wouldnt of said she was a dwarf rat though- I wouldnt of been able to tell the difference?! Am i just being blind lol?

I love how licky she is :) What a precious little girl!

Shes just absolutely to die for! :love11:

If you wouldnt of said she was a dwarf rat though- I wouldnt of been able to tell the difference?! Am i just being blind lol?

I love how licky she is :) What a precious little girl!

Well she's 'part' dwarf rat, so I suppose the size difference isn't too spectacular. Basically the key difference is that dwarf rats are about half the size of a normal rat. Since Piper and Trixie are only part, they're about 2/3rds of the size of their cagemates. another difference is that they're extremely sensitive and scare easily. Whenever I hear squeaking coming from the cage it's almost always Piper being bullied by Sunny. [Alpha in the making. lol]

Back