Pip and Squeak- espay today!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefloats

Not active.
I am just so tired of seeing this scenario. I know it is part of it but it just angers me.

10342997_10152215539146409_2533882556115441747_n.jpg

Kid got them so he could bred them, when no babies where produced he handed them off to another friend and they were to big for the snakes mouth. Saved by being big I guess.

So a woman's daughter told her about them and begged her to go look at them. She did they told her they would "release" them so she took them. She said they ate and drank for 2 hours last night because the people ran out of food. Must be hell not having any food in your house at all because even table scraps is better than nothing :(

So we now will be calling and setting a spay up for monday for Squeak. I will leave them together since the damage is done already and offer them as a pair on petfinder.

I could cry because I am so tired of seeing this happen. I wish people would have a little more empathy for them rather than only thinking about their own selfish wants. The woman donated 20.00 to me so it will only cost me $65.00 but I just had to do a food order, med order and bedding order so it was the wrong time as usual. We also have 3 tumors on girls that I have to get off. they are lifers here since either no one wanted them or they are not adoptable.

I am just a little bit sad with this today. I was hoping it was 2 boys but it wasnt so now we have to help her. I love my black hooded ratties so they are lucky :)

Last edited:
it really makes me sad too. people are so selfish and have such little regard for life. i'm so thankful that you took them. I really wish that I was in a better living situation because I'd foster a bunch of rescues for sure. ~someday~
I feel ya about having so much to do with the babies. I'm looking around for a more convenient vet to take off my girls' tumors now. We've spent a LOT this year on rat care, as so many (7) are ~2y/o now.
I wish the best to you and all your babies. Thank you for everything you do, it's not unnoticed and it certainly does make a difference.
5b1d5634d8955660da724199758b469c.jpg

A little scared right now. They have the typical feeder breeder swag on them. They seem very curious though so there is hope. When I get time I am gonna sit with them but I am working a stupid crazy schedule.

Yes they do. My daughter looked at me like I was crazy for leaving them in the same cage but the damage is done already I am sure LOL She was thinking I went mad or something. She will be spayed on monday so I didnt see much point in splitting them up but I can say I get a odd feeling when I think about having an intact male in with the intact female but they are so scared I didnt want to make matters worse. She dont appear far enough along if she is even pregnant to worry. Come monday she will be happier for life! No babies in this momma future :)

She is in for her spay and Pip is with her. Layne our tech asked how she could tell the two apart so I told her one has balls the other doesnt :)

I will find out if she is pregnant if she isnt I will be shocked.

In her defense I never take intact opposite sex rats and both where hiding so she had no clue that I had a boy and a girl in there LOL Just seen that pip was hanging out.

Wow, surprising she wasn't preggo, but probably better for recovery. I'm glad she got to stay with Pip so things aren't so scary. :thumbup:
Heal up quickly little girl!

Once I knew I was spaying her I figured the damage was done but they are so scared I couldnt split them up to be alone so I figured no more damage can be done right LOL little did I know she wasnt pregnant. I am glad they will be ok now and can stay together. I moved them back into a decorated cage and pip got stuck in a sputnik, he isnt familiar with cages I am guessing LOL

Back