*Pictures*... so weird but pretty.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael

My mum came back from walking one of our dogs today and told me I had to bring my camera and see the field.

To start with you can't see anything, just looks normal, but when you look closer you can see that there were webs all over it. Hard to explain exactly, so I'll just post the pics. The 'white' is all webs.

DSCF2032.jpg

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2027.jpg

DSCF2024.jpg

Yeah it was spiders, for some reason they must all have hatched at the same time? Some of the webs had little spiders at the end of them (waiting for them to break off? not sure how it all works...). Dexter had little spiders on him as well lol.

It was the same in another field about 10 minutes away as well that we took Murphy to run in. Was everywhere, so strange... :D

Wow, beautiful! When the baby spiders hatch, they send up strands of silk until one gets caught by the wind, then climb up it and fly away so they can all live in different places without competing with each other. I've never seen that in real life, I really want to!

Brax said:
That's extraordinary. There must be a lot of spiders in that field.

Weird thing was it wasn't just that field, all the fields around us where exactly the same. We take one of the dogs across a bridge and the 2 fields over there were the same, another field half a mile or so from our house were also the same. :cheeky:

When we were walking them, a lot of the webs were 'flying' through the air as well.

Very cool to see...

Did you get any pics of the spiders? I'd love to try and ID... Such a gorgeous field <3

When I lived on a farm with my dad, these plants(not cotton- I dunno what.) would shed web-like stuff once a year for a few weeks. It was ALL over the place, litterarly sometimes flying like a snow storm. Maybe it's something of that type clinging to the dew? Wow, looks cool. @w@

Back