Pictures of your rexes and double rexes?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uhohsam

So my boys will be ready for adoption from the breeder sometime in December. They'll be born any day now... I'm very excited! I was told that they would be blue double rex dumbos, so I'd love to see pictures of other rat owners' rexes and double rexes!

My mom loves double rexes and she's had quite a few.

Here's one of her black ones:

Closeupmonkey.jpg

a little beige one:

Noah2.jpg

and Luka her blue dumbo double rex:

Luka.jpg

jorats said:
It's funny how some double rexes are born naked while others are born looking like a full rex. Too cute!!!

Shelagh needs to post/link the pictures of Liliths babies going through "the change" :)

ETA: you know.. i only held a double rex rat for the first time 2 weeks ago. It was a very wierd experience. Somebody in my class compared them to the feel of a babies head. They are also SUPER warm

Maybe someone can answer this, how can I tell the difference between a rex, double and a standard haired rat? Chester has a finer and softer coat compared to Titan and Snickers who both have a full coat of fur, but it looks a little coarser....

mike_art03a said:
Maybe someone can answer this, how can I tell the difference between a rex, double and a standard haired rat? Chester has a finer and softer coat compared to Titan and Snickers who both have a full coat of fur, but it looks a little coarser....

Rexes have coarser, curly/wavy (in verying degrees) fur and curly whiskers, double rexes have less or spotty fur, sometimes just a lil' fuzz and standard have full, straight coats tmk.

Moon said:
ryelle said:
jorats said:
It's funny how some double rexes are born naked while others are born looking like a full rex. Too cute!!!

Shelagh needs to post/link the pictures of Liliths babies going through "the change" :)

I'll post the link on Shelagh's behalf... since there's 44 pages worth!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13519
:laugh4:

mike_art03a said:

Rex:
russianrex.jpg

3358113205_065732cd99.jpg

Double Rex:
Boys%20091609%20013.JPG

Standard:
rat2.jpg

Sometimes you can get "weak" rexes, where the fur is not really curley or wavey, but kind of has a kink to it.

I have four double rexes (Rocky, Cooper, Max and Velvet) -- they all started out with hair, but its slowly disappeared over time!

rex1.jpg

rex2.jpg

rex3.jpg

rex4.jpg

2833_1107609944223_1646040011_61788.jpg

Mousie was a "kinky fur". She wasn't a standard or rex. Just something "frizzy" in between.
MousieYogie.jpg

Ginger was also a "frizzy fur" gal.
GingerHammock2.jpg

Willie was a Velveteen (loose curl rex with VERY soft fur).
Willie.jpg

Vinnie,Viggo, Porter and Polo were all Velveteens.
Po1.jpg

Kam and Kai were Velveteens.
kamkai.jpg

Venus was a rex (girl rexes seem to have looser curls than boys)
V1.jpg

Teddy and Timmy were both rexes.
TimTed.jpg

Milo was a rex.
Milo0607.jpg

Ella was a velveteen and Katie was a standard fur.
EllaKatie0607.jpg

Leo and Templeton are double rexes.
Leo1.jpg

Templeton2.jpg

Rachel is a smooth fur, and Julia is a "frizzy"
JulesRayRay1.jpg

Back