Phew! I'm back!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkRider2k3

It has been a very busy december and january. Finally moved in with littlematchstick and got our ratties situated. They are all happy as can be :).

I'm going to upload some pictures today for you all to see but here are some updates to my crew.

First off Lucy passed away from her mammary tumor back in November. It was very tough as she was one of the sweetest ones we had, but it was definitely her time...

Then, in December, our local rescue found 2 young girls free to a good home. The lady we know that runs the rescue found them at a vets office, and she immediately took them in with the cage. I told her that since me and Nikki lost 2 of our girls (having lost Lucy and before her losing Yuna which I posted about a while back) I'd take them. And as soon as I saw them, I fell in love.

They were total escape artists, having escaped from their cage on the second day of having them. I had to do a rather quick intro with them into the critter nation, but it went smooth and no problems. We have named them Angel and Noel since they are our Christmas ratties.

2 weeks ago my girl Queen that I've posted numerous times about became deathly Ill. It started one night when she was looking very drained, but she was eating all her treats just fine and just seemed sluggish. I shrugged it off that night but the next morning she was on her death bed. She wasn't responding, was breathing very labored, and just looked like a dying rat :(. That night she was given an injection of fluids and a steriod to "make her comfortable". The next day, she was looking 50% better. She wasn't wanting to eat, but was moving around and acknowledging us. We started her on Doxxy/Baytril as well as prednizone , and the next day she was at 80%. Starting to eat, but still sluggish. By the end of the week she was back to normal and her old happy self! It's amazing, especially considering we've had her for 2 years now!!

MIschief, my himi that I got with Queen, is doing great, but now has a tumor on her side. We are going to see soon about getting it removed as we don't think it is attached to anything..

As for the rest of the group, they are good as always!!

Here is a pic of Mischief for you guys that I took last night until I get more :)

Welcome back! I am sorry for the loss of your two sweet girls. It sounds like you have honored their memories in a wonderful way by adopting Angel and Noel :)

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Good to see you again.
You've had an eventful time with your rats. I'm so glad Queen is much better. It's amazing what a little steroid can do with an ailing rat, it seems to really give them a boost.

@ Godmother

Thank you!!

@ temblabamomo:

Thank you as well! It was hard (but harder on Nikki as Lucy was her baby.. though I secretly wanted to rat-nap Lucy before we lived together LOL), but our new Christmas ratties seemed to be destined for us. Fate brought us together :D

@ jorats:

Good to see you again too! It's been too long not being on here lol. It really is amazing. I was just hoping to make her comfortable, thinking that she'd be comfortable and not in any stress until she was pts the next day. But that morning WOW. It was shocking. Everyone around here was shocked at just how good she looked. We now believe it was pneumonia or some serious lung problem, but it seems to be under control now and she's 100%. She was out for a playtime this morning with Mischief and knew I had oreo cookies out.. and kept trying to jump to the table to get them LOL. She even took one off Nikki when she was going to eat it hah.

Going to clean cages soon so I'll snap a few photos of the gang!

Hi! It sounds like you have had a lot of changes in your life the last few months, with some ups and downs. I'm sorry you lost your two girls, but glad that two more girls found their way into your home. I hope things settle down now so you can just relax and enjoy life for a while. :)

Back