Persian needs foster or permanent home asap - Guelph

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alicemcmallis

Hey guys - a friend of mine that works in a vet clinic in Guelph just emailed me about a Persian cat they've been housing for Guelph Humane. She has been scheduled for euthanasia for what is likely a simple UTI and they are trying to find a foster or permanent home for her asap. Once she leaves the vet clinic they'll have no control over what happens to her and Guelph HS will euthanize her as soon as she returns to the shelter. :( Here are some details about her from my friend:

She is young 1-2 years maybe. Spayed and declawed. She was surrenendered twice to GHS likely for the UTI. She caught a bad URI at the shelter and brought her to us for euth. The staff particularly has a soft spot for the persian because of our dear Ash. So we treated her. She's been feeling good and running around the clinic doesn't mind dogs, kids and is happy to stay inside. However she peed on the couch last week and has been schedule for euth pending the results because of the possible reoccurance of this UTI or she maybe has stress cystitis which can be managed with some supplementation. Results will come in today likely. Her bloodwork was good. For the most part litter box habits ok. I hope someone out there likes the fancy kat. Once she leaves the building no help from the clinic will be provided however I am willing to help with food supplements meds and UA's, until she finds the perfect home.

I think she's been at the vet clinic for about 2 months - they have her in a big cat cage and also let her roam about the clinic. They had been hoping someone would adopt her but there's been no interest unfortunately. :( My friend and her husband both have severe allergies to cats or they'd take her home with them. I'll post photos later today.

Back