people... -good update p2-

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... I'm really thinking of adopting Mr. Stump-tail.

He's definitely older, but so long as we get his little resp. issue under control, are there any problems with owning a stump-tailed rat? He sticks it straight up in the air and always comes running to see me and it's so adorable I'm starting to melt. x.x I'm just worried because the stump sometimes has little red bumps on it like someone's been biting at it or scratching it. (There are 6 rats sharing a 40 gallon tank, though, so he might just be getting bullied...) Nothing horrible, just something I worry about. I don't want to adopt a guy who's going to be riddled with additional health problems...

But OMG until you see a rat trit-trotting over to you with his stump tail in the air like a little dog you haven't seen cute. XD

Joanne said:
Can't wait to see pics of this newest contender for your heart. :D

This guy:

[img=center:2w312f6h]http://i41.tinypic.com/2qcl5ee.jpg[/img:2w312f6h]

I'll take more pics at work tomorrow, but you'll have to pardon his red nose... he's still sneezy. :(

Trit-trotting towards you with his stump-tail in the air... that is the most adorable picture! The boy you took home looks like a sweetie, I love his little spot! Congratulations on saving these guys, your manager sounds like one heck of a giant douchenugget. As does the person who bred and then trashed all these poor ratties. You've done right by them, getting them healthy and adoptable. Hopefully new owners will see how beautiful they are and snap them right up -- they deserve it! :)

UPDATE - Stump-Tail is now home with me and sort-of-introduced to the group. Rhombus, the agouti, is fully integrated and has a lovely personality. He's much younger than I thought; he seems to have de-aged with good food and care and a nice place to relax. :)

The others are up for adoption at our store! We have a big notice up (Not for feeders - have been treated with pesticide) since they got an ivomec injection, and one (the youngest little black berk, Ninja) went home yesterday to live with an old-man rat and a (human) mom and her kids. They may or may not be back today for more... :p

So if anyone in Colorado wants nice friendly vet-checked boys, send them to Petco in Lakewood!!

Only 4 more rats need to find homes. Big Boss (black and white hoodie, alpha rat, big lovey squish) and 3 unnamed brothers who are all black and white variberks. I've been able to send all but one rat home in pairs or to households that already have rats, which I am overjoyed about. :D

I'll post some pics of my two "bargain bin" ratties later today. Rhombus is doing amazing with the other rats, he just loves people and rats and toys and fleece... everything is his favorite. Stump is a little more crotchety and still won't play nice with Cinna; he likes people more than rats.

Wow, that's amazing! What a great ending (almost) for what could have been a horrible tragedy. It's people like you that make this world a wonderful place. :)

Back