People are jerks!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"sometimes people put walls up, not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down"

Ever feel like your alone, like no one cares?

Feel like your being used?

Thats what I feel like right now, and I can't stop crying.

my "friends" are being jerks. They are only around when they need me, or there is nothing better to do.
my bday is aug 11th, we all were going out for supper, but now two of them are going away on that day (and I offered to do it eailer, but they are 'too busy" ..and my other friend wont go cause they are not going, and my other friend wont go because she isnt going ..

I'm only a convience it seems :( it's really hard to find people who care.

I think we all go through those feelings at some time or another in our lives, some more often than others.
You have to pick yourself up, dust off the dirt and hold your head up. Learn from these instances and you will become stronger and better.

It;s just so hard. My life has never been easy with friends. They come and go so fast, it seems so hard to find good ones. Most of them only want you when there is nothing better to be at.

I'm such a baby.

I went through a lot of that when I was younger.

I actually left behind 2 whole sets of friends because I finally realized that they weren't good for me, and that they really didn't care. I don't have big groups of friends now, I let them come as they may, sometimes you will be surprised at who can become your friend. Quality not quantity is the way to go here.

I know what you are going through. And its super hard. I'm a bit of a loner because of all this. I don't really have any friends.. like at all.

A true friend is seriously hard to come by and even just a "decent" friend is super hard even to come by. People are jerks.

I am sorry for how you're feeling right now. I can definitely relate. It is tough sometimes to find good friends. But sometimes experiences like this, the tough times, they are something you may ultimately be thankful for. The times when my "friends" were extra crappy to me - like not showing up for birthdays, forgetting them all together, but always expecting me to be there for them for everything, etc. - helped me to ultimately realize who my real friends are. I don't know your friends personally, obviously. But I hope you will either let them know how you feel and hopefully make a better friendship from it, or make the decision to walk away and stick with those who really do care about you.

lilspaz68 said:
I went through a lot of that when I was younger.

I actually left behind 2 whole sets of friends because I finally realized that they weren't good for me, and that they really didn't care. I don't have big groups of friends now, I let them come as they may, sometimes you will be surprised at who can become your friend. Quality not quantity is the way to go here.

I have had so many group of friends, all left behind ..no one comes running back ..guess they were never really friends.

The only friends I have are:
My boyfriend
&
My Animals

temblabamomo said:
I am sorry for how you're feeling right now. I can definitely relate. It is tough sometimes to find good friends. But sometimes experiences like this, the tough times, they are something you may ultimately be thankful for. The times when my "friends" were extra crappy to me - like not showing up for birthdays, forgetting them all together, but always expecting me to be there for them for everything, etc. - helped me to ultimately realize who my real friends are. I don't know your friends personally, obviously. But I hope you will either let them know how you feel and hopefully make a better friendship from it, or make the decision to walk away and stick with those who really do care about you.

I'll be walking away ..I'v tried talking to them, they don't understand ..

adreabri said:
I know what you are going through. And its super hard. I'm a bit of a loner because of all this. I don't really have any friends.. like at all.

A true friend is seriously hard to come by and even just a "decent" friend is super hard even to come by. People are jerks.

I'm glad someone dose, but I'm sorry you have gone through it too. It's so hard. You arevery right ..people are jerks!

I surround myself with so many animals, because theymake me feel wanted and loved. They will always be there, and they will never turn their backs.

I have "friends" that only come around when they want something but if they have a get together I am never invited.
My sister is like that too.
It doesn't help that my husband literally has no friends.
He refuses to socialize with anyone but his sister and parents.
I have stopped seeing people who were just using me when there other friends were busy.

My friend posted this on Facebook:

Think about this for a minute....
If I showed up on your doorstep crying, would you care?
If I called and asked you to come pick me up because something happened, would you come?
If I had one day left to live my life, would you be part of it?
If I need a shoulder to cry on, would you loan me yours?
Life is lonely without friends.

My best friend wrote this:
You can have both of my shoulders if you need them!
Do you need me to come and pick you up?! :)

She has been the there for me since I was in grade 10.
Through my parents divorce, deaths, births.
Well my life.
Even if she's not close (she lives in Halifax) she has ALWAYS been there for me.
One good friend is better than 100 so called friends who don't care about your feelings.
These people aren't really friends if they only show up when there is nothing better to do.

Come on up to Ontario.
I will celebrate with you. :heart:

People effing suck and 99% of people only care about themselves, are mean and catty, are jerks, assholes, think they're still in high school, love drama, etc.

That's why I've stopped giving a sh*t about what people think/say about me. Drama hurts and all the other stuff just plain sucks so eff them all.

Maybe you should make a pros and cons list about your friends. When have they been there for you, etc?

When I say "left behind", *I* made the choice, and had to extricate myself from groups (some were people who did too many drugs, etc)...they kept calling, but I got out from under. It was lonely at first, but after thinking things over, it was best for me.

Then I found rat people and have made some wonderful friends, online and in-person. LOL

Thank you guys :heart:

You guys are the best of friends anyone could ask for.

I'm always the one who invite people places, and people accept if nothing better is on the go ..but it something better comes up they cancel.
I am never invited anywhere.
So I'm just going to stop caring, I'm going to stop asking ..if they want to be my friend, thjey will let me know.

It's just not worth the pain.

I have my family, a wonderful boyfriend, awesome online friends and my amazing furry friends. I have a few friends, who are there on and off ..they are good friends ..but busy with life, so I see them from time to time (which is understandable, people grow up and have jobs, etc) ..I don't have anyone who I consider a "best friend" ..the ones who I think are :my best friends" turn out to be the ones who really only used me.

I wish we had rat people here. They are few and slim.

I'll have a birthday party with the rats, thats the best kind of party.

:hugs: These people are not your friends, only people who are in your life. Real friends would appreciate how wonderful you are, and if they can't see that, then it's their loss. I've always felt that one or two good friends with whom you can share both your ups and downs is far better than a whole bunch of so called friends who are only around for their convenience. Hold your head up high and move on. You have lots to be happy and proud about - a great, supportive BF, lots of furry friends that love you unconditionally, and your loyal, faithful followers on the forum! :D

Also, I'm sure a lunchdate could be arranged around your b'day. Give it some thought.

Back