Peony – August 2009 to July 19, 2012

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

The first ad for these girls was put up on Monday March 28th with the caveat that they had to be gone by March 31st...since the girl was moving.

I contacted her and arranged to get the girls on the Friday, but after a few emails back and forth she stopped responding.
undecided.gif
Two months later, another ad was put up, she HAD to rehome them since she was moving yet again...and now she couldn't afford to care for them

We emailed again, and I found out that she had thrown out their cage a week prior because of rust. She had kept them in a box but they had chewed out (!!), then she had them living in a “tube”. Tube?? We all wracked our brains trying to figure out what tube could you possibly keep a rat in? Well she gave me the tube in a bag with them.

Ferret ball and tubes…umm how?
tubesandferretball.jpg

Well I guess the 2 little girls I named Posie and Peony were the only ones who knew how they did it and they sure weren’t talking! They weren’t doing much of anything in fact. Posie the black variberk girl was very wary and protective of her sister, and Peony the cinnamon was very shy, and seemed to have no muscle strength at all. :(

When they first arrived
Peony, flat on her belly with her legs splayed
jun7Peony.jpg

Posie , on the alert
jun7Posieposes.jpg

Then after some quiet talking and reassurances on their new life, the girls eyes relaxed, it was lovely to see…only ½ an hour later!

Posie
jun7Posie3.jpg

Peony
jun7Peony2.jpg

But the ladies got tired really quick, it had been a long day for them. Sisters.
jun7tubegirlswindingdown.jpg

Peony discovered the joy of hammocks, even if it was totally the wrong colour for her, like a redhead wearing pink.
giggle.gif

jun9Peony.jpg

Posie and Peony were introduced to a couple of my older girls and it went pretty well, except they were a little too rough on super sweet Althea, so she ended up in a much nicer colony, but feisty Xanthe stayed with these formerly timid girls LOL…and there they lived until Posie had to leave us about 5 months ago.

Peony looking fantastic for her age of 30 months.
Jan28Peony1.jpg

My next step was in reuniting Xanthe and the old halfie boys and Peony. It went well except Peony took exception to Java and they often had little old lady/little old man arguments. But she LOVED his sick brother Marsky. Marsky would lick her while she was lying there, and she just lapped up the attention.
beatingheart.gif

They were a happy little crew. :D

may24newfamily.jpg

At 35 months of age
jul13Peony.jpg

But finally age caught up with my girl, she had HED badly by now, and the muscle tremors were shaking her little hind quarters. No URI or tumours, but she had a UTI that wasn’t improving. Last night she looked very dull to me and faraway to me, like she had already started her journey. So I took her to bed and she passed in her sleep beside me at about 1 am.
She is now reunited with her sister.

jun7prettygirls2.jpg

So sorry for your loss of dear Peony. What a long and full life she had with you! I had forgotten kust how beautiful she was.

May she play happily with her sister at the Bridge. :heart:

The tube girls?
They were such lucky girls that their owner had to move. That placed them in your care, and they got to have a wonderful life. How lovely that Peony left so quietly and gently. Reunited with her sister at last - RIP sweetie...

Back