Pee rocks...??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda_lovee

How w lopell do they work for you?
I'm getting females, does that change anything?
Do my rocks look like decent pee rocks?? uploadfromtaptalk1408184765324.jpg

Can you place something next to them for size reference? They almost look like the rats could move them around but hard to tell.

I'm sure they'll be glad to wizz all over those but I'm not sure that will stop them from peeing elsewhere in the cage too. They need to pee places to help them to know they have been there before and it is safe .

To maximize use of rocks up them underneath water bottles. This will help keep their little talons worn down a bit since they put paws on the rocks to drink.

They are about the size of a rather large strawberry. They more than likely will be able to move them I forgot what little interior decorators they are lol

You can try a litter pan for their poops - most rats will catch on quick. But getting then to pee a certain place is damn near impossible. And yeah, they will probably scoot those stones all over the place :)

Yes, I have used pee rocks in the past with my gals but they didn't pee on the rock any more than they pee'd anywhere else. LoL. Was good for keeping claws dull though.

PS @Jorats some rats like to pee on rocks for some reason. So some people put a large rock in a pot of boiling water to kill any bad microbes, then put it in the cage in hopes that the rat will pee mostly on the rock rather than anywhere else.

LoL -- that's called "perfume" !

And my girls are even skilled at peeing outside the cage too!
The lack of not having a penis is not a hinderance.
Nasty nasty girls

I've only ever had one girl, but she is the only rat of mine who has ever done that! Just backs her rear up to the cage bars and lets loose. Maybe it's her effort to try to keep the inside of the cage pee free?

Back