Peanut's eye thread - Possibly NOT the end!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww, you are so welcome Peanut! We all love you, buddy!

Wow, he looks SO happy in those pictures! You can totally tell he is content and happy being back with the gang, hooray! Ooooh, I wish I could give him a big smooch right now. You can do it for me Dspch! :nod:

This made my DAY. :D

Peanut's eye had dried blood on it yesterday. Not sure what is going on. Tried to apply warm rag to it so we could get the crusty blood off and see what had happened, but that didn't go well. Peanut was quite upset and released all body functions on us (poop & pee). That's his thing since the eye issue started... :sick2: Anyway, it doesn't smell, not swollen, don't see any pus or goo. No idea what he did - perhaps he scratched it with his nail and opened it??? It was all closed and looked great - fur all grew back nicely. No changes today.

Two of my nakies had infected eyes that shrivelled up to nothing. They still get porphyrin from the eyes though because the tear duct is still present and functioning. Yesterday I though Eddie had a wide scrape starting at his eye and going up and over his head and onto his neck. Poor baby! Then I realized this 'scrape' started to wipe off - it was a big smear of porphyrin! D'oh!

This is where the eye was removed. He can get porphyfin for that spot even though there is no eye there anymore???? Where would it come out of the hole closed up and healed - or so I thought. He was all handsome looking, but I don't see any opening there now, but he's not very cooperative.

Well then since I don't see anything wrong with it, but I just have a bad feeling about it. I'm going to assume everything is just fine and that is all it is - a leaky duct.... He is gaining back all the weight he lost and has become a kissy, loving boy... Maybe that's his way of saying thanks for taking care of my nasty eye!

Oh I am sure of it...I know Peanut loves you loads and I know he is grateful to you, absolutely. :heart:

Keep us posted on how things go with his leaky peeper? And of course, send him kisses from me and well wishes from his buddy Achilles, okay?

Back