Peanut Update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petlover

Well I thought i would give you the news on Peanut.
He is still with us, But he is not a well rattie :( We never had any joy with the vets we were taking him too after several urine tests(high sugar and high protien) and checkups they still could not give us any advice. Dissatisfied with the lack of information we were getting we looked for another local Vets...We found another Vet had opened close to us and i made enquiries...Bingo! a Vet that had some Rattie knowledge...and was very reasonably priced...We took Peanut for a consultation as we were worried that he had not gained any weight and had a small lump at his tummy area....The Vet checked him over thoroughly and explained that Peanut has a tumour and that one of his testicles had gone back inside....In her opinion Peanut would not survive surgery being as he was already a very ill rattie and to just take care of him as best we can untill at such a time as he is in pain or too unwell then we should consider PTS...Sad as we feel we know that Peanut is still having a quality of life and is getting all the love and attention we can give and we will do what is right by him when the time comes.... Sometimes you can fight but sometimes you have to accept.

so sorry to hear about your little Peanut. I recently lost one of my boys to old age and it was hard. At least you are doing all you can for him and loving him alot and that's all that matters.

Aww.. I'm so sorry. The advice and recommendation from this vet sounds like the best course of action for all.
The testicle moving up is not really much of a concern. The tumour in his belly is but it could take several months before it progresses to the point that he's in pain.

I'm sorry for you and Peanut. My James has a tumor in his belly and all I can do is watch and love him more. It's been over a month since he was diagnosed. Hope you still have lots of days with your sweetie. :hugs:

Thank you for your thoughts... Peanut is still a beutifull natured Rattie...we have to syringe feed his water as he tends not to drink from his bottle very often. and we ensure he eats well when he is out...problem is now his cagemate (brother) Fudge is well overweight as he cannot be left out when extra food is put in he cage for Peanut ... It is sad to know we dont have long with him but we consider that when the previous Vet we used (but not anymore)said we should PTS and yet here he is 10 weeks later still enjoying life....Then we have been given a gift of each day to love and be loved in return and that we cherish each and every day with all our boys.

You Are My World

My small life is in your hands.
Every drop of water I drink, each morsel of food I consume, every
word and touch is delivered by you.
(You are the sun in my sky)

My daily safety is in your hands.
It is you who provides my companions, controls my environment,
determines the quality of my care.
(You are the moon above me)

My entire destiny is in your hands.
I offer in return loyalty, love, companionship, and my complete trust.
It is all I have to give.
(You are the stars that shine down)

Back