Patrick is finally on Baytril!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryelle

I had Patrick out this morning and he was still grunting and making wierd noises when he was out. I took him with me a few weeks ago to see the vet that Sid saw for his first treatment for mites.The vet said there was noise on Patricks chest but he wasn't going to give him any meds because he couldn't say he could clear it and didn't want to try...

yeah...

So i got fed up this morning and called another vet surgery in my area (the one that didnt humanely euthanise my Harvey ><) and they got me in at 3pm this afternoon. Patrick wriggled like a worm and the vet said there was noise but it was hard to hear because the little bugger wouldnt stay still :giggle: . He also said, that resp. infections are common in rats, and some get rid of them, and some rats just keep grunting away their whole lives, but he wanted to try with a high dose of Baytril to try and fight it strong and Patrick has to go back in a weeks time.

So he is on 0.2mls of Baytril twice a day that i will probably mix with his Complan (Ensure equivelent)

It says on the bottle BAYTRIL 2.5% ORAL (5ml/s) 0.2ml to be given by mouth twice daily.

i forgot..

by the time i was walking home it was school kick out time and there was two girls walking down towards me - they must have been about 12yrs old. I had to stop because my bags were heavy (stupidly bought a 30L bag of cat litter and a massive bag of rat food.. the pet store is a few shops down from the vets.. and i have no car). they came over and said "awww, can we see your dog please?" so i said ".. yea sure.." and lifted Patricks box up so they could see into the clear lid.

They looked inside, SCREAMED and ran away!!! :laugh4: :laugh4:

ryelle said:
i forgot..

by the time i was walking home it was school kick out time and there was two girls walking down towards me - they must have been about 12yrs old. I had to stop because my bags were heavy (stupidly bought a 30L bag of cat litter and a massive bag of rat food.. the pet store is a few shops down from the vets.. and i have no car). they came over and said "awww, can we see your dog please?" so i said ".. yea sure.." and lifted Patricks box up so they could see into the clear lid.

They looked inside, SCREAMED and ran away!!! :laugh4: :laugh4:

Haha, priceless. :mrgreen:

Just been back to the vet. He said there was a little bit of noise left, and gave me more Baytril to last a week and said only bring him back if he needs it. I think overall i have around 10 days worth of Baytril left, so i will just continue giving him it until we run out. He squirmed like a worm again and then when the vet let him go, he sprinted up my arm and hid on the back of my neck under my hair. The nurse laughed

Back