Parker

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Parker was rescued along with the rest of his litter, his daddy and 2 brothers from a younger litter.
He will be 2 years old in a few months, is neutered, and is developing hed.

Parker has a large abdomen ….. he looks somewhat like a pregnant girl
I am not sure if this is fat? tumours?
Parker is happy, active , passing small but normal looking stool etc so don't think it is megacolon ….. I have been unable to get a vet appointment until Sept 4 as vet is going away so I thought I would see if anyone had some ideas

April 2018 Parker in his hammock.jpg

August 23 2018 Parkers belly 4.JPG

He lives with 4 of his brothers so will have to separate him to tell.
He has a vet appointment on Fri (vet's office rescheduled it) so I will ask the vet to check that
any other ideas appreciated

Parker is pear shaped

Parker had a vet appointment today.
I had suspected that the lump was a tumour and that worst case would be that Parker - who was still eating drinking active curious etc - would be given only a few weeks to live ........

April 2018 Parker in his hammock.jpg

I was wrong .......

The huge lump was Parker's bladder. Parker had a couple of small tumours on his bladder and his urethra - preventing him from peeing ..... the urine and pus in his bladder was so thick it could not be removed with a needle and a cathrader could not be inserted into his bladder as the tumour blocked his urethra.

Parker was pts this afternoon
1f641.png

Parker is greatly missed by his 4 surviving brothers, his 4 surviving sisters, his daddy, and me

I'm so sorry - I second I looked at that picture I knew exactly what that was. Our boy Torres had the same thing, turned out to be prostate cancer and we had to put him down too. Sorry again for your loss he was such a good looking boy.

So sorry. RIP Parker. I just had to put one to sleep after he started bleeding out of his bum. Turned out he had advanced malignant colorectal cancer. Pretty rare for a rat according to the vet. I was shocked because I'm around my rats 24/7 working from home but he showed no symptoms except his poop was a bit smelly and fur thinning on the back which I stupidly put down to old age (2.75 yrs). The lesson I've learned now is not to put anything down to age and to see the vet if there is even a hint of anything unusual.

Parker was a sweet boy to me and to his cagemates ..... however he was too active, curious, and busy to be a cudler yet .... Parker was very defensive of the siblings he lived with but was becoming more friendly to other ratties.

That was Parkers favorite hammock and his favorite place to be

Last edited:
Parker had a vet appointment today.
I had suspected that the lump was a tumour and that worst case would be that Parker - who was still eating drinking active curious etc - would be given only a few weeks to live ........

View attachment 11082

I was wrong .......

The huge lump was Parker's bladder. Parker had a couple of small tumours on his bladder and his urethra - preventing him from peeing ..... the urine and pus in his bladder was so thick it could not be removed with a needle and a cathrader could not be inserted into his bladder as the tumour blocked his urethra.

Parker was pts this afternoon
1f641.png

Parker is greatly missed by his 4 surviving brothers, his 4 surviving sisters, his daddy, and me
So sorry to hear about so very sad xx Hugs

Back