Oxbow Play yard habitat

Discussion in 'Habitat' started by Krebsfam, May 24, 2014.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

1. May 24, 2014 #1

Krebsfam

Krebsfam

Krebsfam

So I went to Petsmart to look at cages tonight and stumbled upon this and I got really exited!!!

Im def in the market for a new cage and the ease of access and the playyard features sold me and I picked it up. I didn't know anything like this even existed! I haven't found anything online about this... No reviews nothing.

Well I put it together tonight and I really like it so far. I didn't move my boy into it yet as the bar spacing makes me nervous but just wanted to show this to you guys!!

http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/c...nimal-habitat-zid36-21578/cat-36-catid-600022

2. May 24, 2014 #2

dspch911

dspch911

dspch911

That's interesting, but your rat is going to climb up and over that fence. Looks more for rabbits, guinea pigs that don't climb.

3. May 24, 2014 #3

Krebsfam

Krebsfam

Krebsfam

I have a little one so I was thinking of leaving just some of the playyard up to keep little fingers away from the cage bars

4. May 24, 2014 #4

Rattastic

Rattastic

Rattastic

Depending on how young your male rats are, they shouldn't be small enough to fit through the spacing once matured. You could just have nothing inside the cage and put your boys in for a bit to play and see what they do.
    They'll be able to climb up the side of the cage and over that fence though.

5. May 25, 2014 #5

jorats

jorats

jorats

Not So Much Staff Member Admin

For that price, I'm guessing you were looking at the larger one, I'd go for a single level critter nation.

6. May 25, 2014 #6

Krebsfam

Krebsfam

Krebsfam

I got the larger one for only $97 in store. I don't know if they were mis marked or something