ottawa rescues. HELP! *graphic pictures WARNING*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknew

ohhhayyy. so these are the girls from the ottawa ad, and the thread about death row.
i need help. the one girl has a terrible abcess on her face. her eyes is not there. its a dark hole and smell horrid.
she also has a small tumour in her armpit.
the other girl i believe has a case of bumblefoot and her toenail is growing into her foot.

im scared. the one with the face sbcess is making m,e really nervous. i dont know what to do. its dirty but im afraid to hurt her and wash it.

picture:: ((DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH!!))

wow oh my yeah best thing is a vet ASAP. maybe try flushing it with warm saline and keeping it clean.

Home made sterile saline solution
16 ounces water (use distilled if your tap water is hard)

1 teaspoon table salt

You can use warm water or you can boil the solution then cool to room temperature before use.

*Note: boiling is usually not necessary when flushing a non sterile wound such as an abscess.

http://ratguide.com/health/integumentar ... bscess.php

i have never dealt with a face one and never so big like that. she needs meds prob.

:sad3:
this is WAY worse than i'd hoped for....
that looks very serious to me hun. Do you have ANY metacam on hand? i'm assuming she's in pain...
Also you really should get her to a vet IMO.
I've notified the other mods to see if they have any advice, and i'm certain they will.

That poor poor girl... WHAT was that woman thinking leaving her without ANY care, or treatment for SO looong.... at the VERY least she could've tried finding someone to help sooner....
:(

Whoknew...do you have paypal?

That girl needs to be pts ASAP. There is NO cure for her...the infection is probably all through her bones and muscle.

I will send you the money :(

i really dont even think shes going to make it through teh night. shes skin and bones, but looks huge because shes so puffed. she has blood coming from her wound and its black.. shes weazing and sneezing.. prophyrin everywhere. shes not eating (offered any treat i could fine) and doing much of anything.

the other is a bit better. i managed to bather her but shes still crusted in feces and blood. shes also pretty puffed and has porphyrin.. but took an HT block.
she has a big sore on her foot and curled toenail that i attempted to trim.

i have no meds on me.. i honestly did not think it was going to be this bad.

im wondering if maybe the one with the terrible abcess should be pts?

:sad3: help?

GAWD, ANOTHER one lost to human STUPIDITY!
i'm SO sick and tired of animals suffering at the hands of people....

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
i'm SO very sorry hun.... you did try to help.
get her to the vet and have her humanely PTS....

whoknew said:
i really dont even think shes going to make it through teh night. shes skin and bones, but looks huge because shes so puffed. she has blood coming from her wound and its black.. shes weazing and sneezing.. prophyrin everywhere. shes not eating (offered any treat i could fine) and doing much of anything.

the other is a bit better. i managed to bather her but shes still crusted in feces and blood. shes also pretty puffed and has porphyrin.. but took an HT block.
she has a big sore on her foot and curled toenail that i attempted to trim.

i have no meds on me.. i honestly did not think it was going to be this bad.

im wondering if maybe the one with the terrible abcess should be pts?

:sad3: help?

She does need to be pts. I can send you money for it...do you have Paypal?

From that pic I would have to agree with the others, that she needs to be euthanized as soon as possible. To me it looks like a tumor, or lots of granulation tissue. No hope for the poor thing. Good luck with the other rattie, hopefully you can save her.

my roomates father will take her tomorrow morning.
hes going to take her to the humane society.. i believe its free?

oh gosh.. im so sad.
im wondering how the other one will take it? she seems to be breathing quite heavily right now..

i do not think its free if its your own pet. but do not hold me to that :(

poor poor girl.

the vet where i go was 11.50 plus tax but that's because its me and he knew the rats i brought in so im not sure how much it is for a new person >.< but worst thing its only $29 a visit thee cheapest place i found.

aw gosh so sad why did thee person wait til now for her.

If people can pay for it, such as Shelagh offered to pay with her credit card or paypal, can you take her to a vet that knows how to have rats pts humanely?
Doubt that will happen at the SPCA.

And perhaps an emergency vet could do it tonight?

For how to have a rat pts humanely please see:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9582&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

I don't know how anyone could let an animal suffer like that for so long.
That person should be charged for animal cruelty.

Oooh that turn my stomach. I just won't ever get it...never. At least she's gotten to hear some caring voices and feel some loving hands on her before she goes. I hope the other girl recovers okay. Bumblefoot is at least manageable.

Back