• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ordering Midwest Critter Nation cage Online

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJay

I've been looking into purchasing a Midwest Critter nation cage and have noticed that in Ontario in particular they are difficult to find in store. As well they are much cheaper online. One of my concerns, based on reading tons of reviews is damages to the cage while it is being shipped. I was hoping someone could share a site that sells the critter nation cage and delivers with care. Has anyone experienced this issue personally? It looks like such an awesome cage, I would be crushed to order one and have it show up damaged.

I know amazon.ca has the cheapest price in Canada for CNs right now (and free shipping) but they often arrive with damage, no matter who ships them. Everyone I know that received a damaged cage from Midwest (via Amazon) received replacement parts without issue.

Same thing here in the states!! Last one I got all 4 pans came broken (DCN) but I had no problem getting them replaced.

Okay, thank you both! It's good to hear that they get replaced. Although it would be a lot easier if they just sold the cages at local stores. Do either of you know if its typically just the pans that get damaged?

It's usually the plastic pans that are damaged. Global Pet Foods can order the cages in for you or you can pick up from Flowertown in Brampton, but both options are more expensive.

I've only seen the ferret nation cages in the store, but I have seen them modified on here if you want to go that route. They come with some dings in the metal, but its nothing to worry about or even noticeable. You'll need a mallet to put the cage together and its easier if two people put it together. The pans are just plastic and I think a lot has to do with how they are tossed around in transit. The cracked ones I got were still usable, but I paid a lot for that cage and wanted pans without cracks.

I agree, it is such a pricey item its worth having any damages replaced. That's why I am so concerned about ordering it online.

Back