ordering/mailing doxy and baytril?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHermit

I am not sure where to post this but Shelagh (lilspaz) suggested I post about it.

I have two chronic respiratory rats, Klaus and Alduin, and I can't afford to go to the vet every two weeks for meds. However I am Canadian and I believe it is illegal for me to order them myself.

I was hoping a Rat Shack member or someone you know and trust could order it and mail it to me. I would pay the total cost of course (meds/shipping/mailing). I do online banking so I can easily transfer it to the third party.

They need the combo together, probably for the rest of their lives. They're roughly 21(Al) and 18 (Klaus) months old...

PM me if this is something you can help me with and a massive thank you in advance <3

:thanks:

We are hoping to get someone in the US who can order these in, then mail them to TheHermit (what IS your real name. I always forget ;))

I will likely be taking in her seizure boy and his bully friend, but Alduin and Klaus are sadly chronic and will need abs the rest of their life.

The best thing to do is always to go to the vet, but when you are in a situation like this, and cannot rehome sick rats, you have to break the rules.

We are hoping to get someone in the US who can order these in, then mail them to TheHermit (what IS your real name. I always forget ;))

I will likely be taking in her seizure boy and his bully friend, but Alduin and Klaus are sadly chronic and will need abs the rest of their life.

The best thing to do is always to go to the vet, but when you are in a situation like this, and cannot rehome sick rats, you have to break the rules.

My name is Kailan, it's a difficult one to remember :)

For the record the vet has seen them (Al more recently than Klaus, but prognosis/treatment was the same) and prescribed the combo, but I cannot afford to keep returning for refills. They currently have a liiittle bit of baytril, picking up more tomorrow then the doxy on Monday (they had to special order it for me). I am getting a month's worth of each courtesy of my boyfriend but he is tapped out and so am I... it will be very hard to keep up with in the new year, even without my sweet Bear to look after...

This is a very difficult situation and the Angel in disguise Shelagh is helping me immensely, as she always does. Thank the universe for you, Shelagh, because half of what I run into, myself and the boys wouldn't get through if it weren't for you. One day I will find a way to pay it back and forward.

Last edited:
Looks like you may have had the situation figured out? but just in case I wanted to mention that it is not illegal to have something shipped to your house in Canada because they cannot prove you sent it yourself. At worst they will just seize the medication. However I understand your concern and hope you are able to sort it out one way or another. Lilspaz is the savior of both human and rats alike.

Back