Opinions & Destruction of a breeding rack

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at his ad again .... I can see Ashley in the pic., second bin up. :sad3:

ashleyinrack.jpg

I know that feeling, I so wanted to go over there take that think outside and just smach it then burn it. I've e-mail him a few time when he first had it up, but he never reaplyed to me. I guess $10 for it and the Rat was not to his liking.

I know I hate that fact that people feed ratties to snakes. :rant: My first rat Rizzo was a feeder rat that I got from a pet store for $2.

if you want help putting that thing out of it comishon I'd be happy to help as I'm in Freddy Beach. Just drop me a PM.

Thinking he has a buyer makes me ill so not sure it is a mistake.
He will be losing money on it and putting it out of commission will keep it from being all too easy for someone else to start breeding on a large scale.
I tried to drop the price last night, he refused, emailed back my offer of $20.
So we will see.

Thank you for all your feedback.

Well, he delivered the thing.
Seemed like a nice guy. It makes me think of the old Shadow radio show .... “who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men ....”

The 4 bins and 3 water bottles are in a garbage bag in my mother's garage.
I am so glad this will no longer be used! It is made to hold six groups. Can you imagine six moms with litters in that! :wallbang:

The breeding rack is a very sturdy monstrosity! I think it is going to take a few saws!
Anyone (in Fredericton) needing to release aggression or who wants some exercise let me know .... if the weather is nice that thing is coming apart tomorrow afternoon.

I also got the baby rattie. She is a little girl but not quite as young as I thought she would be .... around six weeks, I think. She is small and very thin. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17978

I am glad you got it.....poor wee little girl. I can't wait to see a picture of her. Is she available for adoption? Or is she the little girl that Ratsforever adopted?

aw she must be happy to see the light of day! I remember seeing a video of those bins and when the guy opens them to show the rats; the rats were like squinting from the light and such as they see very little of it.

:hithorse: "Smash it! smash good"

i wish he would think to at last feed his snake F/T :rant:

Dahlas said:
I am glad you got it.....poor wee little girl. I can't wait to see a picture of her. Is she available for adoption? Or is she the little girl that Ratsforever adopted?

Ratsforever adopted the little 10 month old little himalyan girl I took in on Sunday. I posted two not very good pictures of her peeking out of my bin cage. She is the brave little girl in the ad showing her with a cat. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17936&start=0

This little baby girl is a black hoodie and she is now on pregnancy watch. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17978

I wish i was in Fredericton - I would love to make busting up that thing the highlight of my Saturday. The little girl is a sweetie - how cute. Thanks for doing this! I'm all teary-eyed reading the thread.

Well, we are getting there .... thanks to Sillyfyre who came over and helped on Sunday.

March07breedingrack.jpg

..................... the breeding rack on its side next to my mother's house

Then came the circular saw ....

March07piecesofarack.jpg

March07rackinpieces.jpg

Anyone feel like panning for gold?

March07wanttogopanningforgold.jpg

It's feeling pretty good - especially when I look at the picture showing little Ashley living in it!

Never again ! :joy: :joy: :dance: :dance: :happydance:

ashleyinrack.jpg

Back