open neuter spots-rescue price

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish my boys were ready for their neuters. Fletcher and Ezra are about the right age, but they're both still sick, and my other boys are still too young. :wallbang:

Kayla said:
I wish my boys were ready for their neuters. Fletcher and Ezra are about the right age, but they're both still sick, and my other boys are still too young. :wallbang:

I'm curious, what would be the right age? My vet said she likes to do it between 3 & 5 months as a guide line, but has done them younger.

It all depends on the comfort level of the vet. 3-4 months is what my vet used to do, but he neutered Goliath at 7 weeks (his testicles were well-descended even at 4 weeks of age :lol:)

So, how young is this vet comfortable and experienced with neutering them? Justin and Danny will be 13 weeks as of Aug. 8th. I want all my boys neuterd asap, but I don't want to take unecessay risks either.

Two of the boys will be 8 weeks when they are done. Before any surgery (rat, mouse, gerbil, dog) regardless of age, she always reminds me of the risks involved. Every surgery has risks, but she has been doing surgeries on small animals since 1987 so I fully trust her judgement.

Okay put me on the List, for one rat. Marcel!! He's a seven month old PEW (for your vet). I jsut called my vet and it may cost me as much as $230+ to neuter my boy. I don't have that money and even if I sold all my cages I still wouldn't have that money...

When will he be going in (i.e. should I bring him to the Fest with me)? I'm nervous now... :(, neuters scare the crap out of me

the appt is scheduled for the 13th, or next wednesday, whichever day wednesday is :giggle: BUT if needed i'm possitive I can get it pushed back?
Is there a way we can arrange a meet/pick up as well?

The neuters are done at my vet, in Cavan. Which is near Peterborough. I'm willing to travel to help out anyone who needs it, but i'm not a shuttle, lol, nor am I rich. Actually, FAR from it! lol

As far as age goes, all my neuters have been older males, so i'm not 100% sure on that, but if you're serious I can call and ask for you.
The cost will be as I said about $100/boy. Which is a STEAL, from what i've been told.

Back