One of my boys is a bully. :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiileyface

Hiya! Sorta new to owning rats. (I've done plenty of research, by the way.) I rescued two of my boys back in September, from an adoption center. Their names are Thor and Loki (brothers obviously), and they're little over a year old. I have two more boys who I adopted back in Feb. from a friend and they're about 10 months old. Their names are Tiki and Mani, and are also brothers. BUT I have a problem, Thor is a bully. He's aggressive towards Tiki and Mani and I cannot get him to get along with them. He arches his back and fluffs up, and attacks them. I break them up of course before anyone gets hurt, but it's frustrating. Tiki and Mani are skittish, and very timid. It's obvious they weren't handled well with the previous owners. I've tried everything to try and get them to get along. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello :)

I'm not a pro with introductions, but we have a few people who are. Where are they being introduced? Is it a neutral ground? Are they neutered? Are the scuffles biting and is there blood? Or is it pushing/pinning?

The puffing up is pretty normal but not the attacking. After Thor lunges and attacks he doesn't hurt the other one? no blood or cuts?
Where are you doing the intros?

Smiileyface said:
Hiya! Sorta new to owning rats. (I've done plenty of research, by the way.) I rescued two of my boys back in September, from an adoption center. Their names are Thor and Loki (brothers obviously), and they're little over a year old. I have two more boys who I adopted back in Feb. from a friend and they're about 10 months old. Their names are Tiki and Mani, and are also brothers. BUT I have a problem, Thor is a bully. He's aggressive towards Tiki and Mani and I cannot get him to get along with them. He arches his back and fluffs up, and attacks them. I break them up of course before anyone gets hurt, but it's frustrating. Tiki and Mani are skittish, and very timid. It's obvious they weren't handled well with the previous owners. I've tried everything to try and get them to get along. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thor's name suits him since Thor is a Nordic God with a penchant for waging war and destruction. :laugh4:

Fortunately, you can neuter your little man (don't know if any of us would live to try and neuter the other Thor. :bunnydance: )

I had a timid little dude too and he was always being picked on and having his food and treats stolen from him. That, pretty much, stopped once I had them neutered. Something about gonads and rat men. They just can't seem to handle their testosterone....no matter what they may believe. :wink2:

Has Thor been neutered Smileyface? :hugs:

Back