One of Alice's litter might not make it **GRAPHIC**

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Bean

On their first night I noticed that one of the babies had a dark area on his tummy. I was hoping it was a bruise but I noticed last night that it looks red... I think that he might have blood in his abdomen I'm hoping that he will pull through but prepared if he doesn't. I haven't been able to get a good picture of his tummy but there are things that I can see through his skin that I can't see on the other babies... I'm almost thinking that he might have an impacted bowel or something of the sort judging by that his tummy looks so bloated. It isn't huge but it looks bigger than it should...

I need help deciding what to do... There is no way at all that I can afford bringing him in to the vet to be put down humanely and there is no humane way to do it at home but I don't want him to suffer... What do I do?

I work all day until 10PM tonight, I am still pulling for him and hoping he will be alright but I'm just not sure... :sad3:

Have you tried stimulating him to poop? Maybe mommy isn't doing that great of a job on that part and needs a little help. Just use a Q-tip and rub it along his private parts and he should go to the bathroom.

I hope the little man maked it through. :hugs:

Thank you!!! Before I went to work I stimulated him and we went. I put him back in the cage and Alice appeared to continue stimulating him and gave him a very long, very thorough grooming. I went through the babies before going out the door about 30 minutes later and I couldn't pick him out of the others so it seems that it worked! Thank you!!!! I don't know if we would still have him here if it weren't your your advice guys ^_^

Melissa's ZOO!! OMG!! You probably saved a kid's life there!
:bow: That is so cool. Revel in it, you sure deserve it!

I'm glad the babe pooped! I hope that everything else is working fine with him! I just don't envy you having to name a boy Melissa :giggle:

:joy: Awesome, I'm glad he's going to be ok. That is good stuff to know. Thanks Shelagh and Melissa :thumbup:

Back