One boy acting strange. I'm being paranoid about the others

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitsa

Was just woken up by the sound of one of my boys tails twitching around in a circle for no reason. He was in the castle with the rest of the guys so I picked it up to see what was wrong because at the time I thought the tail twitching was because someone was on him.
He was actually just sitting there, was very rigid and twitching. To be honest it looked like some sort of seizure to me but i'm just not sure.
Tried picking him up but he walked away, couldn't run at the time because he was so jerky. Also would not take food from me, it was like I was a complete stranger shoving some foreign object in his face.

Sly is about a year and a couple months now. He has a problem with getting abscess's on his stomach and a funky eye but other than that he's been a very healthy rat up until today. Just last night he was a completely different rat.

As I finish writing this the jerking has stopped and he's acting just a little bit more normal. If it starts again i'll try and take a video.

Ok scratch everything I said about the other boy if anyone read that. His jaw is fine but the teeth are crooked. Still don't understand that though. I do teeth checks two/three times a week and they haven't been crooked before.

Sly is also being aggressive again. Has all the other boys trapped in the castle and will not let them out. Anyone even peeks a head out they get attacked. I don't want to but I'm about to separate him for the others safety

lilspaz68 said:
It does sound like a seizure...did he rear up at all and paw the air..did his head jerk up a little?
From what I saw he just stayed on the ground and shook. The castle is to small for him to to do the first thing and i'm very sure he didn't shake his head.

Back