OMG my daughter has caught the fever!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jems71

So last night we were sitting in the kids room playing with the rats, on their free time. My kids know its a pretty tight christmas with 2009 being a expensive year we are still trying to pay for ($3500+ vet bill in January) and family trip to Florida a couple of months later...would have cxl'd or postponed the trip but the flights and park passes were already purchased and the resort was booked so it was already 50% paid for non refundable...so a vet bill of $3500-4000 all at once right after christmas and just before our trip kind of hurt us...luckily we had $1000 vet fund so that was a bit of a help.
Anyway back to my reason for posting...we were talking about what they would like for christmas...and my youngest (10yrs old) The main one that helps with the rats said "I think we should give a lonely rescue a rat a new home for christmas"
I said "NOOOOOO! you didn't catch the GGMR fever!" she laughed and said "yep I GGMR and I think one lonely rat would be happy and lucky to live here with us"
So we talked a bit more and decided Altana needs to get her tumor removed before we even think about a rescue and 4 rats in a single FN is enough. So she asked if she saved her money and bough a 2nd level for the cage could we get one or two more rats...I explained that their room is a bit small for a dbl cage...she informed me that her big sister (18yrs old) will be graduating and moving out this summer so she will have her room all to herself and she wants to share it with Rats :laugh4:
How does a 10yr old get the fever! And to the point where she is planning to move her big sister out as soon as possible to make room?
Oh boy I love my kids! :nod:

Hey, she's quite the girl! And Dahlas will relate to that.... she was hustling her son out the door so that she could turn his room into a rat playroom! :giggle:

It is true...I am a bad momma. I wanted a rat room so bad.......I do miss my son but I love being able to sit with and play with my rats.

Oh and I thought I was the only one. My daughter just moved out so the ratties took over her room. It's nice, you just close the door and *poof* instant playground!

Back